I can't run anymore

Zara POV

The face of the man who has haunted my dreams for the past 9 years is here in front of me smiling like it is Christmas morning.

Samuel, my oldest brother. His tall stature around 6'4 coming into my view as he makes his ways towards me. A tailored black suit, he looks pristine, and He looks different from when I last saw him, happier. Dark black hair the same as mine, but eyes that shine a bright blue a huge contrast from my dead ones, and a muscular form that only makes me want to coward in fear.

"Zara." He speaks to me as I am a precious jewel only one of a kind.

"I am so happy to see you again, I have missed you so much." I feel myself start to shake in anger, fear, excitement, I don't know? As the only thing I can think of is "What the he** is going on?"

I guess the principal sees my confused state as she says, "Your brother was informed of your location after the police did a background check on your foster parents and their trafficking ring and saw you were in their care. I also want to say I am sorry you were ever in that situation with them. After they found more information on you we saw the your brothers are the only family you have left that can care for you."

All I can think in this moment is why didn't they just take me when I first went into foster care, where were they then? Also do they know what has happen to me while in the care of Emma and Alexander.

So in the first time in around 2 years I said the first thing that was on my mind. My voice coming out as a dry whisper. My sadness probably prevalent on my face.

"Where were you when I first was place into foster care?"

Samuel looks taken back by my sudden question, my mind trying to rack my brain for an answer to my own question.

"I was informed of you going into foster care, if I would have know about how evil your foster parents were, I would have taken you immediately. One day Declan had found me and told me you were in foster care, and I didn't want to take your from a good stable home. I'm sorry now that I know what was happening." Samuel said in a quiet tone. The only thing going in my mind now is Declan being with our brothers and fact that he is a liar.

Sadness long gone, anger in my heart I look to my older brother and say what I have wanted to say for 9 years.

"Fu** you Sammy." As I walk out of the principal office once again not knowing where I am going, or where I am going to end up. I just run and run until I can't run anymore.

Our poor Zara can not catch a break 😢

Leave comments and let me know what you think.

Love you 🦋

Bella 💙