Part 6 first assignment and Asakusa

(demon slayer is not mine )
(it is owned by Koyoharu Gotouge) (images are not mine)

'thoughts'

"talking"

*actions*

~Yoshinari POV~

I'm currently in the southeast town looking for the demon I was told was here. I had asked a few townsfolk if they had seen anything weird lately, but they said they didn't, which made this a little more complicated, but I'll manage.

'where could it be?'

???: "please! you have to believe me! it was a monster!"

'oh?'

townsfolk: "please, Hayate calm your self we don't know what you're talking about."

'his name is Hayate.'

"excuse me, I happen to have heard you say something about a monster?"

Hayate: "oh! finally! someone who believes me!"

"Sir, please calm down and tell me what happened."

Hayate: "I saw some monster take a man into the shadows earlier last night! he was just gone all I heard was a-a weird... warping sound?"

"did you see what took him or was it too dark?"

Hayate: "I-I couldn't see what I-It was but it had yellow glowing eyes! it was a demon! Yes, a demon! it had to have been..."

I had decided to get us out of the crowded area as we were drawing some attention.

"Please, sir bring me to where you saw the man disappear."

Hayate:  "oh, o-of course... are you one of T-those demon slayers I've heard of?"

"yes, I was sent here to hunt the demon here though I suppose it's going to be more of a game of cat and mouse, though I'm not sure who the mouse is."

Hayate: "t-that sounds bad."

"It's fine, you'll be safe as long as you say by my side."

after I had consulted him, he had brought me to where he said he had seen a demon taking a man. It's near a forested area but still near the back of the town. the sun was starting to set so the demon was likely to show up at some point.

as the sun had fully set, I heard something similar to a warping sound that Hayate described. I glance around wearily and put my hand on my katana looking for some clue as to where the sound was coming from.

'is the demon already here?'

demon: "look what we have here... a demon slayer... and an extra snack."

a demon had dropped down from behind me so I reacted quickly and drew my sword, spun around, and moved Hayate behind me. the demon was gray, had black hair, and was shorter in stature, wearing a black kimono, and had holes in his hands, that seem to distort the light around them.