Welcome to Port Royal Mr. Smith

Jack's POV

A/N: the Inconsistencies are intentional about Isabella's age and how long Jack has been gone, showing he isn't normally interested in Isabella's life until now.

The waves crashed on the starboard side of The Galleon as I watched early on this summer's morn. I knew the crew would be up soon but I still wanted to take some time to me self. I've just gotten me self a ship and a small crew but I don't quite know how to get back to me old life.

Recently it has been less of a commandeering and things such as plundering, but more of waiting for the opportune moment. Now I've been waiting for these damn rum runners to get me to Tortuga. Or maybe, if I'm lucky, they'll stop in another town closer to Port Royal. I need to get back to my daughter Isabella. It's been a few months since I've seen her. She's ought to be old, though I have no idea how old, she can probably join me in my dishonest adventuring of sorts.

Her mother would disagree. Last time I saw them together she told me I couldn't take her with me. I'm sure now that she's seven she can come with me instead of staying with Gibbs' weird sister. Strange woman she was. Always talking in old sayings about winds.

As the sun rose above the horizon, so did St Lucia. The mountains and harbor peaked above the waves as the crew flooded the deck. Capitan Elman walked up on the deck with a youngin and quietly explained to get in the crows nest to be sure there is enough room to dock.

After The Umpire was anchored in the harbor, I hopped off the rum runner ship while the crew unloaded the crates, grabin a few bottles on me way out.

I wrote a short letter to Isabella telling her to prepare her things with whatever she might need. I told her I would be there soon and to have a crew of people ready to make sail. That we would sail aboard the Black Pearl seeking adventure, a good fight, a possible negotiation or two, and all sorts of treasures.

I stayed in tortuga and enjoyed me self a bit after the hell of a week I've had. I deserve it after sitting on that bloody beech for three days. Nothing but rum on the island and nothin I need more after getting of it than rum. Three days to make up for the time I was marooned on that god forsaken island.

After the three days, I BORROWED a leaky dingy by the name from a friend and sailed for four more to Port Royal. On the last day at sea me boat began to leak and so on and so forth and I just made it by the skin of me teeth. I walked onto the creaky doc off of the top of me sail, as the rest of the boat was under water.

"Hold up there, you. It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock." an obnoxious voice I could presume to be a harbormaster shouted as a strolled by him, "and I shall need to know your name." He was carrying a brown leather-bound book with ubsurd names of boats and 'Captains'.

"What do you say to three shillings and we forget the name." I replied, placing three shillings on his book.

"Welcome to Port Royal Mr.Smith." he slammed the book shut in his hand, almost snatching one of me own fingers with it, and walking away.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter,  It's finals week and I just want to get back to Isa's story line because I'm not great at writing for Jack. Have a good Monday I'll try to post Tuesday or Wednesday but I have to help Eighth Grade graduation and over the summer I'll hopefully be more consistent with an every-other day schedule or something.