7| Grouse Mountain

Start from the beginning

"Well… it's an honor to be here…", she said with an honest grin. Having a spot that would be fulfilled with memories of them together made all the butterflies return to her stomach. Lana gently grabbed his hand, squeezing it a little before kissing his cheek, just in case someone would recognize them. 

Both of them pulled their waterproof clothing on top, before walking up to the rental for some skiing gear. As soon as they put it all on, Sean had to chuckle since Lana looked incredibly cute with the helmet and ski goggles that were placed on top of her head right now. 

"Alright, sweetie… we need to take the lift, even for the beginner area. Alright? But we will take the one where you have to actually stand. You hold on to the handle and put it between your legs, so it will pull you up. It's quite flat, that's why it's not a sitting lift. Okay?", Sean asked, looking into her skeptical face. 

"How am I supposed to move over there with those pieces of wood on my feet?", Lana asked, trying to go forward, but didn't manage to slide without overlapping her skier, which caused her to tumble. 

"Steady.", Sean chuckled, making sure that she wouldn't fall. "Try it again slowly. We only have to make it to the lift. That's it.", he said, helping her ski to the lift. She managed to get a grip on one of the handles and placed it between her legs to be pulled up, which went surprisingly well until one of her skis shifted and blocked the other one. Her feet tangled up, until she lost one of them in the middle of the way. Lana managed to hold her balance, letting go of the lift and stepping out of the line to pick up her ski again. 

"How did you manage that?", Sean laughed who was just one spot behind her, stepping outside of the line as well to assist her. 

"I don't know. I… I think skiing might not be my hidden talent.", Lana chuckled.

"It was only the first time. You'll get used to it. Look. We almost made it to the first level. That's where we are going to start for now.", Sean said before helping her back on track until they made it to the first beginner area. He explained to her how to control her speed and how to actually stop, going down the hill meter by meter, slowly but surely. 

"Time for you to get down a bit faster.", Sean said. He had pulled off his skies, for now, holding Lana's hand, so she wouldn't just slide down the entire hill. "I have to let you go now, so you can actually go down in curves, okay?", he asked but Lana wasn't really confident about that. 

"No no no no. Don't let me go!", she said without any hesitation, trying to grab his hand again after he let go, which made Sean chuckle. 

"Oh come on. You have faced gorillas in the past but you're scared of skiing?", he laughed. "Didn't you say that you are always open to some adventures?", Sean asked with a huge grin on his face. 

"Yes… but…. Argh… alright I try. But don't let me crush into something, okay??", She asked and Sean nodded. He went down the flat mountain a couple of meters before Lana started her first try of actual skiing. She picked up on speed pretty fast, which made her forget how to actually slow down. "Sean??", She basically yelled, losing control over the situation. "I cannot stop!", She said loudly, trying to concentrate on how he had taught her to slow down, but that was when Sean already caught her, so she wouldn't slide down the whole piste. 

They both fell into the snow, laughing since neither could've prevented it from happening since Lana was just too fast. 

"I am worse than all the children here.", Lana said, still not being able to stop laughing.  

"Maybe… maybe we need to practice a bit more before letting you loose.", Sean chuckled with her in his arms, before standing up again, helping Lana back on her feet as well before doing exactly what Sean had said.