The Merchant from the Depths

Beginne am Anfang

(Y/n) stared at them with a deadpanned look, "You all must have studied hard." She said.

"Pretty much, yup! This's baby-tier stuff."

"Anyway, exams are done and dusted. I'm gonna hit up the Track Club." The blue haired male said.

"Y'know, I could stand to get in some exercise at the Basketball Club myself. Let's break this huddle for today, guys." The orange haired male said.

"Let's head back to the dorm, (Y/n). I'm dead on my feet after that all-nighter." The tanuki said, jumping into the girl's arms, and closing his eyes.

The girl nodded and looked at the two males, "See you tomorrow." She said, as she got up and left with now sleeping Grim.

-----

"Why did you ignore my summons yesterday? You clearly don't understand the position you're in." Azul said, as he watched the fidgeting student in front of him.

"L-Look, I was dealing with some, uh, stomach problems..." The male said, lying to him, in order to go back to his room.

"Is that true? Because lying would not do you any favors, I assure you."

"Yes, it's true! I was sick to my stomach."

The male looked at Jade, "Jade, why don't you help motivate our friend here to speak a bit more honestly?"

The said male smiled, putting a hand over his chest, "As you wish." He said, then looked at the student, who flinched, "Now, now, there's no need to flinch. This won't hurt one bit. If you could look my way?" He smirked when they stared straight into his eyes, "Yes, just like that, thank you. Shock the Heart." He said, as a bright light surrounded the male.

"Hrk! Wh-What was that?!" They exclaimed.

"Now, let's try this again. Why didn't you respond to Azul's summons yesterday?"

"Because I was sick..." He said, trailing off, "...sick of running myself ragged doing the dirty work of a low-down, black-hearted cheater like Azul, that is! Of course I wasn't actually sick to my stomach. That's just an excuse!" The male's eyes widen, "Grk! What in the world?! My mouth started moving faster than my brain, and...Oh, crud!"

The teal haired male smiled, "There we have it—your true feelings on the matter."

Azul let out a soft sigh, "Oh, dear...Goodness gracious me. Why, I'm positively wounded. Here I granted you a wish out of benevolence rivaling that of our venerable Sea Witch herself...and you would turn around and call me—what was it again? "A low-down, black-hearted cheater"?"

"I-I'm sorry! This is all a misunderstanding, I swear!" The student pleaded.

"Hmph. Spare me your sniveling." He said, then turned to the other twin, "Floyd, you're up."

"You're finally done? Can I squeeze him now?" Floyd said, smiling.

"Be my guest. Wring him out with all your heart." He smirked.

"Can do." He said, walking up.

"W-Wait! Give me just one more chance! I promise I'll—" The student then cut himself off with a yell, felling the male squeeze him, till he went limp.

The male smiled and dropped the unconscious male to the floor.

Azul sighed and pushed up his glasses, "These deadbeats just love skimping on their payments, don't they? When you buy something, you pay for it. When you incur a debt, you pay it back. That's just common sense."

"I couldn't agree more, sir." Jade said.

"I can only hope this year provides me with better clients than the last..."