S01E04: Sinners and Saints

Roslyn's POV

Klaus went to collect Sophie while Hayley and I rested. We were in living room with Rebekah after freshening up. When Klaus returned with Sophie, placing her on the couch. "We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Roslyn and her sister to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches" he snaps.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Roslyn and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die" she reminds him.

"Then who were they?" Rebekah asks.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby" Sophie states.

"What kind of vision?" Klaus asks.

"And what does it have to do with our child?" I demand.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one. She had it when she did the thing to find out the gender of your baby" Sophie explains.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" Klaus asks her.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches" Sophie answers.

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second" Klaus says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him.

"Sophie, look-- I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?" Rebekah asks.

"Elijah's talking to Davina?" Sophie asks surprised.

"As we speak, why?" I ask her.

"I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd" she states.

"Do tell" Klaus says intrigued.

"I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches" Sophie admits. "My sister was devoted, like our parents, and our upbringing was very strict, which drove me nuts. The minute I turned twenty-one, I left the Quarter to travel and play. But, I wanted to be a chef, so I came back to Rousseau's" she explains. Then mentioned how the witches were going to do a harvest.

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" Rebekah demands.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing" Sophie explains.

"And why haven't I heard of this?" Klaus asks.

"Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story, passed on through generations like Noah's ark, or the Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't" Sophie states. "They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said that it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth" she explains.

"Was it?" Rebekah and I ask her. Sophie looks guilty, but before she can say anything, Klaus's cell phone rings and he answers it.

"Marcel. Bit early in the day for you, isn't it?" Klaus asks. "Rather you than me. All that responsibility seems like such a bore" he says with a fake smile. "Dead witches in the Bayou. Sounds like less of a problem, and more like a cause for celebration" he states. I nod my head in agreement, at least these witches. "Oh, why not? Haven't been to the Bayou in ages. I'm on my way" he tells Marcel before hanging up.

"You can't go out there now. I need to gather the witches' remains and consecrate them. If I don't get to them before sundown, we'll lose the link to their magic" Sophie states.