Chapter Fourteen: At Stake [3]

Start from the beginning

Shiki looked at his sister with a dull expression as she put the photos down in his hand and leaned over to the chair, crossing his arms on his chest.

"By the way, where did you get these photos?" Remus interrupted before Shiki could even answer.

Rei glared at him and answered "Thought projection, what else? I'm able to go see people's mind, and project their thoughts into photos. Well, it's just something I learned recently while roaming in the library. Unfortunately, you can't read people's mind just see a certain imagine on their head."

"You can't read mind but can see their thoughts? That's still basically mind reading."

"Maybe, but it doesn't really give you a vivid description of what they are thinking, instead only those that overlayed all their thoughts can be vaguely projected. And almost all of the people I have projected seem to be focusing on who the head might be. As you can see, not all photos are clear, see?"

Rei picked up a blurry photo where you can't really see the man's face only his muddy long colored hair and the what seem to be a uniform of the Starlight academy, it was indeed blurry. The others are either distorted or had been faded and blurred.

"That's not your main ability?" Asked Remus as he raised a brow.

Rei shook her head in a response, then smirk at him, which resulted in him being frustrated. She knows how much he hates it when she learned a magic before him.

Shiki watch as the two started to once again, bicker against each other. He then heaved a sigh and turned his head onto the east veranda, looking at the pitch black forest outside with an Austere expression.

The ominous feeling his body gives still wouldn't go away.

─────☽✴☾────—

Luna clench her hand into a fist as she slowly approach the Deity in front of her, who hasn't move even once. He didn't even turn around.

The sound of twigs being stepped brought a bit of noise together with the singing of cicadas to the compelling atmosphere.

The urge of wanting to stop was building up inside Luna, she doesn't know why. There was clearly something wrong, her mind tells her to stop as if telling her 'Danger' — that she shouldn't be here, she needed to turn around and hurriedly ran away, but she couldn't. Curiosity was already winning her over.

The moment she saw something flicker somewhere Luna instantly stop and looked to the direction of the flickering thing. With eyebrows furrowed, she started to be on guard.

'What was that?'

Luna winced when she heard agapius mumbled something. She again started to move forward.

"Run."

"What?"

Her heart almost jump when he suddenly spoke something absurd. Run? Why would she run? What's going on?

She couldn't understand anything, firstly this Deity told her to follow, but now he wants her to run away? Was he messing with her? No that can't be it. Sure he   would tease her and fool around, but he was not someone who would joke around when he's in his original form.

Still, it was weird. But, there's this feeling...this feeling of that she has to run, run far away from where she's at— no, away from the the whole area including the banquet hall.

"I SAID RUN!"

Luna was taken aback by the sudden yell of agapius, almost stumbling on her feet, she slowly back away sweat gliding down to her face as her bruised naked feet started to turn around.