What's wrong with Nick

Inspiration: Fallout 4 (Institute ending)

Nora sat down in front of X6-88 who brought a random scientist into the room with him.

X6-88:"Ma'am, this man claims to have information you have to hear, he says it's urgent."

Nora:"Well what's so important?"

Scientist:"Well Ma'am it concerns the old prototype you travel around the Commonwealth with-"

Nora:"His name is Nick Valentine and you should remember that while you talk to me. He's not just a some discarded prototype, he's my friend." She says sternly as she glares at the scientist.

Scientist:"O-of course ma'am, I apologize, but as I was saying....a few weeks ago, the proto-err I mean Mr.Valentine came by the synth production area...he asked some of the staff about his origins and the origins of the one labeled DIMA, these questions were answered with no problems whatsoever but the next night he can back, some of us were expecting him to ask a few more questions about the process about his production but instead he came directly to me. He spoke as if he had a... certain purpose."

Nora raises an eyebrow as she looks at the man.

Nora:"What do you mean by that?"

Scientist:"Well I will admit that having an old machine such as him ask questions about anything was a little unnerving to say the least, but it's the way that he asked me about the gen 3 process that got to me. He asked about the process from beginning to end, at the time I had too much to do to have a chat....so I gave him access to my terminal so that he could discover for himself everything about the process."

Synth production lab

Scientist:"The way it- uh I mean he, the way he spoke was as if he wasn't himself...."

A familiar synth wearing the old fedora and trenchcoat can be seen walking around the lab.... passing by a few bodies.

Scientist:"And the most obvious thing that struck me as odd was his voice.....it came out poorly from what I heard but......it was rough........like sand paper.

Nick stops in front of a terminal a reaches into his pocket to pull out a holotape. He inserts it into the terminal.

Terminal:[Would you like to equip the next synth with this program (Y/N)?]

Terminal:[Acknowledged, uploading program into system...... Program loaded, beginning production]

The machines have begun to move, creating the next synth as they were designed to do, Nick began to laugh.

Nick:"Hahahahaha"

Directors room

Nora stood up from her seat and looked towards X6-88.

Nora:"Put the institute on lockdown, I want the synth production labs to be guarded by our best coursers-"

Justin Mayo:"Director! Sorry to intrude but one of our synth production labs has gone dark, we can't get in!"

Nora's eyes go wide in shock and fear all of it drawn from one question going through her mind.

What is wrong with Nick?