28: Never Alone

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

━━━━━━ ༻✦༺ ━━━━━━

The school woke the next morning to several interesting stories. Firstly, at breakfast, Snape had apparently let slip that Professor Lupin was in fact a werewolf. It seemed like a joke at first but Thea began to piece together the clues. It finally occurred to her that she had been a little unobservant over the past year ― something she was coming to realize a lot.

Everyone was definitely shocked about the news but those in Gryffindor Tower didn't seem very upset about it ― actually, most of them thought it was brilliant. Thea could only imagine the uproar that was happening in the Slytherin common room. That was one thing she never cared for about her house, most had one prejudice or another against anyone who was different.

Finding out a professor is a werewolf only barely eclipsed the news about Black. However, this information was what Thea found most interesting, along with the fact that he had escaped. Thea couldn't believe it. After all of that, Black had somehow managed to escape not only the dementors but Hogwarts and her brother.

She wasn't sure what was going through Simon's head the next day. He was nowhere to be found but so were the dementors. Wyatt put two and two together before his siblings could.

"He must be sending them back to Azkaban," he mumbled to Kaleb and Thea at breakfast. "They attacked Harry and Hermione, there's no way we can keep them here."

"Does it require him going with though?" Kaleb urged. Wyatt shrugged, unable to answer. "He's gonna be absolutely mental when he gets back, isn't he?"

Wyatt sighed. "Let's hope not."

"Maybe that's why he's staying away," Thea suggested.

"Kaleb, come on," hollered Fred Weasley as he and his twin came trotting over to the family.

"Last weekend of the school year," George urged when they got to them.

"And last Hogsmeade trip."

"We need to restock our Zonko supplies for the summer."

"And we need your money."

Kaleb rolled his eyes but was smiling as he stood. "I'm glad I have such real friends who like me for me."

Both of the twins rolled their eyes in sync. "Come on now, Mate," urged Fred, clapping onto Kaleb's shoulder.

"We can love you for you, and love your deep Gringotts vault separately."

"Hey, Thea's the one with her own vault," Kaleb pressed, gesturing to his sister. "We should bring her along."

She scoffed, "I'm not allowed to touch that money and you know it."

Kaleb shrugged. "Worth a shot, let's go." He started to turn away with the twins. "You sure you don't want to come, sis?"

She shook her head. "It's a little crowded. Go ahead without me."