五┊grandmaster ⌇⁺

jean, part 2 ‧₊・ ⁺

"Hi Aether, hi Paimon! And Venti, bright and cheerful as always!~" Barbara exclaimed, then turned to give you a curious look, as if she was wondering who you were. You took a good look at the idol that stood before you. A few hours ago, you wouldn't have even cared about meeting an idol, let alone actually coming face to face with one. Not only that, but she was the most popular in Mondstadt!

In the heat of the moment you shouted enthusiastically, "Wow! You look even prettier in person!" 

Barbara was taken aback for a moment, but recovered rather quickly. "Thank you! May I ask what your name is?"

"Their name is Y/N, we're just showing them around the festival, since they've never been to it before." Aether interrupted. 

"Oh! I see, are they new around here?" 

"Actually, they've been here all their life." 

All eyes turned to look at you. "Wow....being always so fascinated by everything here, you never looked to me like one from Mondstadt, ehe~" 

"Shut up, Tone-Deaf Bard!"

"My flower shop is located in a little corner of Mondstadt, where there's mostly everything I need, so there usually isn't any need to come into the main area." You explained. "But I met Traveller and Paimon today, and they offered to show me around the fes-"

"Did I hear someone in need of getting to know the festival?" A smooth, soft voice sounded from behind the small group of people. 

"Sister!" Barbara called. 

A tall, pretty woman walked over. She wore clothes that seemed to be part of the knights of favonius, and her long, blonde hair was tied up with a navy blue ribbon. Her eyes were a shimmery blue, and it caught the sunlight in such a way that made them glow. 

"What's going on here?" she asked, voice soft but filled with authority. "And who is this?"

"Jean meet Y/N Y/N meet Jean!" Paimon exclaimed excitedly. It was so rushed that it there didn't seem to be any pauses in between words. Aether, being more calm, spoke. "Hey Jean! This is Y/N. We bumped into them while buying flowers for the Windblume Festival."

Jean...? As in Acting Grandmaster Jean? Am I the only one who didn't know The Barbara's sister was the Acting Grandmaster? You thought, suddenly feeling panicked.

Jean nodded. "I see. Well I overheard that you've never been to the festival before...I'd be happy to show you around, since I have some free time right now."

"Oh! No need." You told her, finding your words again. "I wouldn't want to bother you."

"You won't be bothering me. I just need to drop off a few things back at the headquarters. Would you mind coming with me?" Jean asked. She looked at Aether and Paimon. "You two can come too."

The pair wasted no time coming over. 

"Well, I should get going myself. Until next time, Y/N~" Venti winked, before rushing off. 

Barbara nodded, "Me too, I need to finish some chores at the church. Have fun, Y/N" she smiled. 

You looked at Aether and Paimon, a little lost, as Jean gave the three of you a welcoming look, before setting off.

a/n

I finally finished part two of jean! sorry for the wait, I had no motivation to write until now :(

thank you for 1k reads, and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! see you next time C: