"I-" I didn't even know what to say anymore. He was just so.. himself? "I wanted to ask if I could meet them because you speak so highly of them but never mind"

"I can call Dream but his girlfriend? Or something, I don't know what they are, is around. They're probably cuddling and doing icky couple stuff I don't like to see"

I've never been so fucking confused ever. Were Dream and George dating while Dream has girlfriend or were they just randomly hooking up.

"I thought you said Dream and George were having sex? Also is his name actually Dream or is that his nickname?" Dumb question but I genuinely needed to know if this poor guy's parents actually named him Dream.

"George and Dream have their own significant others but for some reason, they still flirt like none stop all the time" I heard him scoff. "Also Dream doesn't like strangers having his name unless he's the one that introduces himself"

"Ah so you're the single friend?"

"Yeah! You know how badly this sucks? I live with Dream so every time I exit my room, his girlfriend or some shit is sitting on his lap cuddling on the couch" He rolled his eyes, causing me to laugh "Then our other friend George recently proposed to his girlfriend since high school. That one doesn't bother me as much cuz they started dating when I was 11"

"They started dating when they were 11??" Man I didn't know middle school relationships last that long.

"No, I was 11. Dream was 12 and George was 15" He explained, making it clearer to me. He started randomly laughing out of no where, resulting to me being confused

"What's so funny about the ages?"

"Oh it's because Dream is dating someone that acts similar to George and George is dating his sister" He said, suddenly bursting out in laughter

I didn't even get the joke and started laughing at his laugh. His laugh sounded so soft it was actually adorable. I've never heard anyone laugh like that.

Maybe I'm getting way too ahead of myself. I met the man less than an hour ago.

His door opens without knocking and he turns his head to the side of his pc. The light shines in his room from the outside.

"Nick, don't be too loud. Wisteria's sleeping" The voice said to him quietly.

I'm assuming that's what he meant by his roommate having their girlfriend over. I think it's Dream? Also Wisteria is such a pretty name.

"You can't hear me from your room though? I soundproofed that part of my wall" He answered, tilting the camera away from the door.

"She's sleeping on the couch. She fell asleep watching Moana" The voice continued

"You guys watched Moana without me?" Nick sounded almost heartbroken as he put on a sad face

"We'll watch the next one with you. She just wanted to watch with me" The voice laughed

Did Nick forget I was here- I'm still here

"Fine I'll watch with Daphne then"

Oh never mind, he remembered me. I feel appreciated now.

"Who the fuck is Daphne?"

"Rude" I answered sarcastically. Nick pulled the person down, revealing their face to the camera.

Oh it's the blonde guy. Dream? I think it's the Dream guy

"Who the fuck is this?" His voice is a little louder than it was, probably because he didn't like the fact Nick pulled him down so harshly

"That's Daphne asshat"

I wave slightly, watching his face calm down as he waved back at me in a greeting way. He seemed nice.. I guess?

"Clay?" A very faint voice of a girl called in the background.

"Oh shit- Nick you dumbass" He pushed himself off of Nick, running out the room while shutting the door behind him.

"BYE ASSHOLE" Nick closed his door, laughing lightly "That's Dream, my roommate. He called me the dumbass when he was the one that woke Wisteria up"

It was nearly 6 pm and I realized I've been talking to him for almost 2 hours. Kaede would definitely be mad. I kept them up from 2 am their time to 7 am.

"Nick, I have to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow if you aren't busy and maybe we can start brainstorming ideas, is that okay?" I asked him.

It was a good thing to get to know him before deciding to work with him. At least he's comfortable around me and won't think of me as a higher position than him now. It's simpler for me to approach him.

"Sure. What time is it for you? So I can like mark it down on what time I can call you" He asked. I checked my time and it read 6:54 pm.

"It's 6:54 pm. You?"

"Same as you! Where are you from? If you're comfortable with the question"

"I'm from Miami, Florida"

"WAIT REALLY?? I'M FROM ORLANDO! THAT'S LIKE 3-4 HOURS AWAY FROM ME" He jumped from his chair excitedly.

He really seemed excited just being close to me. I felt kinda bad I let him talk most of the time and barely returned the energy. I wouldn't say he had golden retriever energy since he really didn't but it was more of a child like energy? He got excited over simple things and I really liked it about him.

"Welp, you can go now. Have fun with whatever you're doing" Nick waved at the camera

I waved back at him, leaving the call. I moved to me and Kaede's dms and started a call. They immediately went online as it started ringing and answered me with a grumpy face.

"Daphne." They said coldly. I know it wasn't that serious since they were used to being up late but I lowkey still felt really bad for them.

"Kaede." I said back with the same energy

"Don't Kaede me. You left me to rot in my room without a discord call for an HOUR" They dramatically spat "YOU KNOW I COULD'VE DIED WITHOUT MY BELOVED DISCORD KITTEN"

"You say that like I'm the bottom in this friendship"

"That's because you are the bottom in this friendship, kitten" They said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at them, moving away from my desk

"No one can top me. I don't submit to anyone other than Billie Eilish" I said, bowing my head down as if she were in front of me

I got my phone, opened discord and transferred to my phone so I could lay down. I shut up my pc off and moved to my bed where I got under the covers from how tired I was.

"I can never be topped!" Daphne smirked confidently, putting their phone far from their face

"You won't ever have sex"

"Never been more offended in my life" They put their phone back down and laid on their side. "I can pull bitches"

"But those bitches can't pull you because you don't get attracted to people" I informed them "Can I gaslight you into thinking you're in love with Tom Holland? I feel like that would work"

"I feel violated as an aroace"

"Yeah but you aren't"

"HEY YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CAN'T FEEL" Kaede exclaimed. "Although you can ask your mom how good she felt last night"

As Kai laughed at their own joke, I stared into my screen. This is what no sleep has done to my best friend.

"Good night Kai" I said, putting down the phone to cut out their laughing.

Overall, today was great. I made a new friend and pushed my social anxiety to talk to him. I know he's supposed to be working for me but I don't see it that way. I'm not used to being boss so I saw him more as a friend than a coder for me.

I plugged my charger into my phone and rested it beside me. I played my calming spotify playlist and let the speakers of my phone take control.

It was only 6 pm but I felt like going to sleep. I'll prolly eat dinner once I wake up.