ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 12 - 𝔓𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔉𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩

Gyu sat in the back of the black sedan next to Taemin, staring at her hands in silence

Gyu sat in the back of the black sedan next to Taemin, staring at her hands in silence. It was Key who had been on the phone with the Seocho leader to tell her about the situation. Although the man complied with the request and did not say anything about Yeonjun, it was her duty to tell her about it. According to this, Gyu would still face a punishment.

But she didn't know what that punishment would be.

The fact that she had tried to run away had been fatal, and after Taemin had warned her, he was accordingly angry about the situation. He would have gladly dispensed with complications, and his uneasy attitude was evident from the fact that he steadily gave Key a wait-and-see look. "What did she say?"

"That she'd initiate consequences, but she was expecting them," Key replied from the passenger seat as Sehun grumbled.

Gyu couldn't really think of these 'consequences' yet, yet she was so scared that her fingers were trembling. She had been aware that there would be problems and she didn't want to blame Yeonjun for that.

He had only tried to help.

But it had just been reckless and maybe a little too hopeful and thoughtless.

"Okay," came quietly from Taemin before he looked out the window. Gyu had not seen him this serious and upset before. He had always been very friendly and polite and to see that scowl was scary.

So he had more similarities with his mother.

"Then I guess we'll let it come to us," he added dryly, making Gyu shudder.

Key nodded sternly.

"She said that when we arrive, we're to go to her office," he added, letting his boss know that it would be done soon, too.

And that statement made Gyu even more nervous. The way the bodyguard said it, too, boded absolutely no good, and Taemin's reaction was chilly as well. Both indicated that Gyu would have a hard time, so they spent the rest of the way in silence. When they finally arrived at the Seocho faction's residence and took Gyu directly to Kim Hyesoo's office, she became increasingly restless and smaller. She pulled her shoulders forward and kept her head lowered.

Even when they entered the office, Gyu stubbornly looked at the floor.

This uncertainty was torture, for she had no idea how the Seochos dealt with punishment, yet she expected bad things. And when she saw the serious eyes of Kim Hyesoo, sitting rigidly in her chair in her office, her heart began to pound strongly and loudly.

Taemin accompanied the girl to the center of the room, where they stood directly in front of the desk, and then took a step back.

Silently, Hyesoo opened her top drawer and pulled out a few large photos. Forty minutes had certainly passed since the phone call with Key before they had come here to the office, so Gyu guessed that the woman had already been prepared for such an incident.