ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 11 - 𝔓𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔉𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩

Start from the beginning

Gyu nodded, and as she stood up, she pressed her hands against her stomach. She felt a few stares on her, not only those of the man, but also those of his companion. Nevertheless, Gyu bowed to those present and sought out the restroom. However, she did not seek out the one that had been described to her, but made her way downstairs, where the party was in full swing. She just had to mingle with the people, even though she stood out quite a bit with her elegant dress. Even some of the girls gave her a skeptical look as she stood in front of the large mirror and turned on the water to cool her hands. Likewise to get rid of the whispering of the females, but Gyu slowly realized that it wasn't about her at all.

"Isn't he?" hissed one of the girls, clinging to her friend.

She nodded reverently, almost fearfully. "Yes, come, let's go quickly!" she hissed, pulling her friend outside.

Gyu followed the two girls with her gaze through the mirror until she spotted a figure behind her. Startled, fearing that one of Taemin's men had followed her even into the restroom, Gyu turned around. But it was a familiar face that stood before her.

A face that was very welcome to her.

Choi Yeonjun.

However, he was standing in the girls' restroom.

His eyes twitched all over her face as if scanning her, as if he wanted to make sure it was her. And sure enough, he recognized the lovely face, the dark hair and pretty eyes. He never thought he'd see her here, and stammered in, "Eh - ... you, here?"

"Yes ...", Gyu murmured softly and cleared her throat embarrassedly.

Actually, she should have guessed that Yeonjun or his friends were here, but she hadn't expected to see him standing here in front of her.

"Hi," the 23-year-old added, lowering her gaze slightly, "you ... probably shouldn't be here."

Immediately, Yeonjun shook his hand and was about to place it on the girl's upper arm, but paused when the rumor popped into his mind.

I wonder if it had already spread so far that even Gyu had heard about it.

At the same time, he felt incredibly guilty for not helping her that one night.

"Are you all right? Where did you go? Where are you right now?" he asked in response, ignoring the statement that he probably shouldn't be standing here in the ladies' room.

Surprised, she lifted her head again, looked into the pretty face of her summer nightdream and smiled. "You were worried about me?" returned Gyu as a counter-question, feeling touched because actually they hardly knew each other. But at the same time, the questions reminded her that she wasn't supposed to have contact with them, and she screwed up her face. "You shouldn't be here," Gyu affirmed again, but more urgently this time, "if they see you with me, they might hurt you."

Immediately Yeonjun looked behind, to the left and right, but he couldn't see anyone, which was why he gently pulled the girl further to the side by the wrist so they wouldn't be standing around so conspicuously in the middle. "Who, who took you?" he asked with a hiss, still holding her wrist. "Are you in danger?"

Sighing, she looked up at Yeonjun.

Should she tell him?

Wouldn't it be dangerous?

But on the other hand, Gyu felt such a need to explain her situation.

Her gaze lowered to his hand and she placed hers over his. "They ... call themselves Seochos, I don't know who they are or what they do, but definitely nothing good. My father sold me to them," Gyu said after all, speaking as quickly and quietly as he could. "I don't know if I'm really in danger, but they said that if I refused, then ..."