IX • More Angst

Start from the beginning

"Everyone else seemed to have no troubles." The teacher gestured to the rest of the room. They all had only one book before them each. The required amount. Rory, very obviously had more.
"You're Potters sister aren't you?" She questioned, more like accused.

"Err - well we aren't related. But I see where the confusion would come from. He's my friend." How the lady's question was relevant to Auroras late arrival was beyond her.

Umbridges nose turned upward as she examined the teenager. She wasn't pleased. "Hmm. Miss Flores, you have turned up to my class late, looking as though you just crawled out of bed, and deemed it necessary to disrupt my teachings. You can return back to my office five o'clock this afternoon. Maybe then, you can catch up with your friend."

Snickers and giggles arose from one side of the classroom, while the other provided soft gaps and words of protest. Rory wasn't having it. "With all due respect professor, I was only fifty seconds late."

"Enough." She woman in pink spat. "Or you we can double your time with me tonight."

What? How? Why? Rory thought. Then it hit her. Harry. She was doing this solely on Auroras relationship with the chosen one. Obviously, Umbridge figured attacking those who would aid Harry and come to his defence were the first to go. Rory had unintentionally made an enemy of a teacher.

He couldn't help but snicker. Little miss perfect scored herself a detention with the new DA professor. He observed her as she made her way to her seat, cheeks flushed in what he didn't know was embarrassment or anger. Both suited him.

Unbeknownst to Theodore, a grin had worked it's way onto his features. He liked watching, as what he liked to call the spoilt brat, frustrated and flushed faced make her way to her seat. No longer did she wear a saccharine, coy grin but rather an upset frown, she no longer held that particular gleam he had noticed in her eyes and she certainly didn't look at all jovial. Theo knew he had to savour those expressions, she didn't wear them often.

To his amusement, Aurora sat two seats in front of him, he had the perfect view to spectate as she shrugged her bag off her tanned figure and dropped it in front of her seat. He had the perfect view to watch as she sluggishly threw herself onto her chair. He had the perfect view to watch as her shoulders slumped when Umbridge insulted her posture.

But what didn't amuse him was when he was given the perfect view to watch as she played with a lose thread of her brunette locks. How she twirled it through her thin fingers. How he would like to just yank her hair. Wait. No. That sounded wro-

"Mr Nott." His eyes shot from Flores and straight to the Professor. Umbridge had caught him with his eyes stuck on the Gryffindor prefect.
She obviously had bigoted reasons for disliking Aurora and wouldn't be pleased to know he had been staring. But he wasn't staring because he liked her, he was staring because he disliked her.

A scowl grew on the lady's face. "Please answer the question." Uh oh. His face paled.

"Err, some sort of spell." He wanted to face palm himself.

"No. If you had been listening, you would've known that the fiendfyre incantation can only be stopped by it's caster." Oh. "But you were too busy shooting heart eyes at miss Flores."

The entire class diverted their full attention on them, light gasps and whispers began to fill in the previous silence.

I'm order to save both his dignity and reputation he had to think fast. He said the first thing that came to mind, he really wish he hadn't. "I couldn't help it, Professor, Flores has such a nice arse. So thick, round, plump." He trailed off, making a gesture as though he was gripping it while doing so. It was true what he said, but ever so offensive.