(𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈) 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

Start from the beginning

Laughter coming from the other side of the room makes them look over. It's Sam, with a hand over his mouth and an arm wrapped around his stomach. He laughs for an entire minute before straightening up and wiping some tears from his eyes, "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. You two are hilarious together."

"Nah, he's just a bum."

Zamir rolls his eyes, "Hush thyroid."

"What the hell is that—"

"Before you begin packing Kori, I have some questions for you. I forgot to ask them earlier." Sam interrupts, throwing an amused glance at Zamir.

Kori sighs, but let's it go. I'll just get him back later. "Wassup?"

"About your knee collapsing— have you been using your cane?"

"..." Kori shifts, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, sometimes-"

"Don't lie to him, JJ." Zamir cuts in, crossing his arms.

Kori smacks his lips, turning his head, "I wasn't even talking to you!"

"You are now." Zamir nods to Sam, "Now, tell him the truth. You ain't used it once, have you?"

"..."

"Kori?" Sam asks.

"...I haven't used it." Kori admits reluctantly.

Sam sighs, taking a seat on a yoga ball, "We've been over this, Kori."

"I know-"

"Do you?"

He goes quiet.

"Your knee would be in much better shape and we'd probably be halfway through your recovery if you'd use it, but because you wanted to be look cool and have an outrageous fear of being ostracized by your community, we're only a fifth of the way through. Your dreams of playing D1 basketball are washing down the drain as we speak—"

"Aye." Zamir barks sharply. "Don't say that shit, yo. The other stuff was coo' but not that."

"Mir," Kori sighs, running a hand over his face, "Chill out, bruh."

"Nah, he don't get to speak to you like that,"

"He ain't mean nothing by it, bro."

"I don't give a fuck how he meant it, that shit wasn't coo'!"

Since when did he become the hothead and I became the peacekeeper? How the tables turn, huh. "ZB, just relax man,"

"Man, fuck that—"

"I'm sorry."

Zamir and Kori both freeze, looking over. Then, Kori shakes his head, "Nah. Sam you ain't got to—"

"No, really, I was completely out of line. I'm sorry, Kori."

"Sam, I'm telling you, you don't have to—"

"Yes, he do." Zamir finally recovers from his shock, scoffing, "That shit was hella disrespectful."

"Zamir."

"Kori." He says back in the same tone.

They stare at each other, both unwilling to budge. It continues for a solid thirty seconds and it probably would've lasted for minutes if Sam didn't cut in. "Alright, enough of this. Zamir, I'm sorry for disrespecting your partner. Kori, I'm sorry for disrespecting you."

Seeing it was two against one, Kori reluctantly relents, "i accept your apology, man."

"Thank you—"