Sensitivity

"You're back!" I heard a voice behind me. Rick put his hands on my shoulders. I hissed. "What happened?" He asked quietly. "I don't know. Probably just pulled a muscle when I was carrying that buck. He nodded a bit, and I felt him move his hands slowly. "That feel any better." I groaned. "A little."

"So about the people... I know you're not too thrilled over them coming and all... But you're doing really good." I nodded. "Just sort of weird, being more than our little group." We discussed it for a bit longer as he continued rubbing, and I continued cutting."

Daryls POV

"Looks you might not be the only one that has a thing for my sister." I heard a little jack ass say behind me. I stared at Kat and Rick still, but rolled my eyes. "They're just friends." I mumbled at him. He laughed. "Does that look like a 'just friends' thing right there? He's practically begging her to be with him." I turned to him and felt my face turning a bright red. "You just don't get us, as a group. We actually are family, we actually care about each other... Maybe something you just don't know." He took a step closer. "Look I'm tired of hearing your shit. You gotta problem with me say it." I scoffed. "Look boy, I suggest you back the hell off first, then why don't you go back to runnin' away from problems. You're pretty good at that, ain't ya?" "Just because you are with my sister doesn't mean you're shit.. She's not the 'one guy at a time' type of girl." And.... That's when I lost it....

Katherine's POV

All I got to see was my brother and Daryl finally going at it. Daryl was pounding him. He had him against the wall with his hands around his throat. He took one of his hands and hit him twice. My brother got a few punches in on his nose. There was blood on both of them and I couldn't tell who's it was. I ran and managed to wedge myself between them, holding Daryls arms. He stopped and looked down at me, then closed his eyes. "Go to our cell.." I whispered. He gave one last glare to the man who now laid on the ground. "He hit me first." Stefan mumbled. I rolled my eyes. "Have someone look at him." I mumbled to Rick.

I sighed as I stepped into our cell. Daryl laid on the bed, blood dripping from his lip and his head in his hands. I grabbed Hershel's first aid kit, then got next to him. "Look up, Daryl." I said softly. He slowly turned his head to me. I slowly put my hand on his cheek. I guided his head up more, then grabbed wiped his mouth. It was busted on the side, but not too badly. The only real bad thing he had was his knuckle. It was torn and bleeding. I grabbed a rap, holding his hand in mine. "Remember when you did this for me?" I asked quietly. He slowly nodded. I could feel his eyes on me, but focused on his wound. I huffed. "What happened, Dare?" He huffed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Rick and you was, uh, pretty close... He said you wasn't the type to... Stick to one guy.. I freaked out. 'M sorry." I bit my lip for a second, letting out a breath. "I'll be right back." He looked up as if he were pleading me to stay. Daryl had shown me as much of his sensitive side as I ever thought I'd get to see, but he'd never shown me a look quite like that. He looked almost like a kid, begging for his parent to not take them to kindergarten. I sat back down, deciding I'd go talk to my 'family' later. "Or I could just stay." I mumbled. I laid down, pushing his chest down along with me. I held tightly on to him, kissing his jaw lightly.

It took a couple hours for him to get up, but eventually he did. "Aye Kat.." I turned to him right before I left the cell. "That note... Was true?" I smiled a bit and nodded. He smiled a bit and looked down. "I love you, Dare." He looked back up. "I love you too, Kat."

I sighed as I stepped into the cellblock everyone of my "family" except Rachel and her boy. "Where's Stefan?" I asked, not looking at Ray. "That one." I nodded and walked into the cell he pointed at, then leaned against the doorway. "You don't fucking know me, or how I am with any man. Not the type to do one man at a time, aye?" He looked up at me, sighing. "You don't need to be with a guy like him. He's a prick. Maybe a guy like Rick would be better for you." I scoffed. "You don't know me! Why the hell would you tell Daryl something like that?!" I growled, taking a step closer to him. "I wanted to see how angry I could get him and how he'd react. If he snaps on my that quickly, a guy he doesn't know let alone care about's opinion, Id hate to see what he'd do to you." "Don't act like you wanna protect me. And for your information, Daryl would never fucking hurt me, so fuck you. You got exactly what you deserve for being such a self centered jack ass!" I stormed out, not even caring that everyone was staring at me.

I went outside and killed walkers on the fence for a little bit, before walking to the table Carol was cooking at. "Hi Katherine!" Everyone smiled brightly at me, and I was confused. "Hi..." I said awkwardly. I leaned against the counter to Carol, talking about what needed to be done to the prison in the next few days. I heard everyone doing the same friendly welcome to Daryl, who walked behind me. His shoulder brushed against mine, and that was the closest the people from Woodbury had really seem us. Carol wiggled her eyebrows; I only laughed and shook my head at her. "I wouldn't be surprised..." "What's that supposed to mean?" She rolled her eyes. "You two are together. Don't say otherwise, I won't believe you." I rolled my eyes, but knew I was smiling like an idiot. I looked over to Daryl, who was smiling the same way, looking down at me. "Awww how cute." I lightly pushed Carol's shoulder, laughing. "Mrs.Blackwood!" I turned to see someone calling my mom. I almost flinched at my own last name. I rolled my eyes and turned back to Carol and Daryl. "So, here your family and you don't get along too well.." I scoffed. "That's an understatement." She smiled and chuckled. "I better go finish the fence over there, 'fore night hits." "I'll go with ya'."

Daryl and I spent about a good couple hours doing the fence before it was time for supper. We sat down at a table, but I didn't really plan on eating. Daryl didn't seem to like that, because he got up and got me food anyways. He gave me the 'do it or else' look and sat the plate in front of me. I laughed a bit. "What you gonna do if I don't eat it?" I mumbled in a 'matter of fact' tone. He raised his eyebrows, smiling back at me. "I don't know yet, but ya better jus' do it." I rolled my eyes, but did end up eating. I hadn't really noticed how hungry I was until the first bite. I silently thanked Daryl for making me eat. "Daryl, Kat! Glad I caught you two!" I looked over to Hershel. He smiled a bit, sitting down across from me and Daryl. "I decided I want Maggie and Glenn in the cell block. So I was wondering if for a couple nights you slept in the guard tower so they didn't feel the urge to go back up there." I laughed at the man who smirked. "They know 'bout this?" He let out a breath of a chuckle. "They will... Consider it a favor to an old man." I looked at Daryl, who smirked at me. "Consider it done, as long as I get different sheets because I don't wanna sleep on theirs." Hershel shuttered a bit, but nodded. "I'll put some new ones up there before you go to bed." I nodded and laughed.

I was walking to grab my stuff, when I noticed Carl and Taylor both sitting on her bed. She had her knees up to her chest and she hugged them tightly. "Don't worry, Taylor... I'll protect you from now on, no matter what." Carl said. His hand reached for hers, but it stayed in a fist. She seemed so unsure, so guarded. "Taylor... You can trust me, I promise." His lips moved the very edge of hers. Her eyes shut and he moved back. I quickly dodged their sight as I went into my cell. "The fuck?" I mumbled lightly to myself. I ran my hand through my hair, grabbing a bag and shoving my stuff in it. The sun was setting, the sky becoming a dark bluish grey. I walked up the steps to the guard tower. Daryl was already leaning down on a bed, staring up at the ceiling. "You okay, Dare?" I asked quietly, sitting beside him. He turned his head to me, gulping. "Michonne is down there... She wants ta talk to you." I nodded, but his face held worry.

Michonne gave me a nod when I walked down to talk to her. She sighed. "We didn't find the governor." I nodded. "So what do we do next?" She rubbed the back of her neck. "Go out looking for him, but... It could be weeks, months even that we'd be gone... Not coming back to the prison.... Daryl already said no." I shook my head slowly. "I can't leave. Not for that long." She looked up. "But what if it's the only way to catch him?..."

Authors Note: hey guys! Thanks so much for reading, kind of a boring chapter I know, but I'm trying to build up to something I've been wanting to do for a long time now! Follow me on Instagram at Beautifully_undead_love for any sneak peeks on the story! Love you all!