You're Welcome

Katherine's POV

I woke up in the RV. My head was propped up and so was my leg. My wrap had been redone and my head now had an ice pack on it. I heard soft sobs next to me, and saw Carol. "Hmm... Carol?" I sat up a bit, but felt dizzy. "Th-they couldn't find her... Th-they lost her." I hummed out an 'I'm sorry' and she laid her head on me. "I'm gonna find her.. I promise Carol, we'll find her." I mumbled to her. She nodded and I felt the dizziness set back in. I turned and grabbed a bag off of the wall, pushing my face into it as I puked my guts out. I groaned a bit, leaning back. Carol looked worried as she felt my forehead. "I'll be right back, okay? Stay laying down." She quickly left the room, and I closed my eyes for a moment. It hurt all over, and I honestly couldn't explain it. "Kat..." Dale's voice was quiet. I opened my eyes and he gave me a smile. "I'm gonna need you to sit up for a minute, okay?" I listened and sat up as he felt my chest, then felt my forehead. He grabbed my arm, taking it in his as he undid the wrap and looked at it. "It's not infected... I don't think..." He looked at me, and I felt like I was about to throw up again. I threw myself over the bag I again, and Dale rubbed my back, trying to coo me to relax. "Do you have any history of illness?" He asked. I shook my head and he sighed. "We need to get some food in your system, before you start throwing up nothing but acid.." He mumbled. I shut my eyes again. "Where's everyone at?" Dale gulped. "Kat... Carl got shot... "

He explained what happened to me, and I kept my head down. I felt like puking again, but for a whole new reason. I laid back, and suddenly I felt my heartbeat began to quicken and my chest started hurting. "D-Dale." He grabbed me, as I noticed I was shaking. I lost all control in my body, and I blacked out. I don't know what happened, but the black clouded my vision and it felt like I was just drifting off to sleep...

I opened my eyes, and I was in a bed. I tried to move my arm, but there was a tube attached to it. I looked to one side, seeing a bucket, the other had a bag and stuff. I looked at my arm to see it was wrapped up in actual medical care bandage, and my head yet again had an ice pack on it. My foot was wrapped and propped up and I had something on my chest. I saw an old, white haired man next to my bed, doing something with the liquid that was going out through the tube. I tried to move away, but the pain engulfed me. "Calm down... You're okay." The man said. I glared the best I could in my condition. "W-Where am I?" The man gave me a soft smile. "You're somewhere safe right now... Now, you're pretty messed up, so I'm gonna ask you not to move too much until this bag is completely in you." "Wh- Who are you?" "I'm Hershel.. You and your group will be staying here until the boy is okay." I nodded a bit. "Is he gonna be okay?" The old man sighed. "You don't need to worry about that... Worry about yourself... Rest, I'll be back shortly." I tried to stay awake, but the black dots began to cloud over me. Damn it... Not again.

I sat up when I woke up, refusing to fall back asleep or pass out or whatever. I looked at Daryl, who slept in the chair next to the bed. "Daryl." I tried to say it in a regular voice, but it came our soft. None the less, Daryl was up and to the bed."Kat..." I blinked a couple times. "What happened?" He gulped. "Dale and Carol said you started throwing up when you got up... Then you were okay for a few minutes... Then you started having a seizure." I yawned, but still didn't go back to sleep. "Why was I alone with only Dale and Carol anyways? I mean, they're part of the group but they also can fend for themselves almost the least..." He sighed. "Me and Andrea were there too." "Then where were you when I was puking?" He rubbed the back of his neck. "The woods.." "Where was Andrea?" He sighed, nodding. "The woods." I felt anger pulse through my veins as I stood up. "Daryl... I don't give a fuck what you two were doing in the woods... But you don't leave two people and someone who's knocked out on a walker infested highway so you can... You're a dumb ass." I growled. He opened his mouth, but I lifted my hand. I ripped the tube out of my hand, then stormed out the door. I saw the old man who was taking care of me, and stopped. "Thank you... I'm much appreciative towards ya." He nodded. "Just don't get too comfortable." I scoffed. "How could I?!" I didn't wait for him to say anymore, but walked out the front door. I walked passed everyone and grabbed my bow, along with the rest of my weapons. "Kat! Where are you going?!" Shane yelled. I growled. "Away!"

I walked through the woods, and every walker I saw was dead fucking meat. I just walked aimlessly around, honestly just pissed the hell off at the moment. I saw another walker and ran at it, stabbing it in the head as many times as I could, until it was practically mush. I stood up, walking further, but was stopped. "Kat... Kat!!! Katherine!!!" He sounded stressed beyond belief, but also in a way... Desperate? "What the fuck do you want?!" "I didn't sleep with her." He said clearly. "That's not the damn point Daryl!" I lied through my teeth. "The point is you left Dale and Carol.. What if another herd would've come? What would you've done? That's right, nothing... Cause you wouldn't have fucking been there!!! That's what matters! Not whether you succeeded in getting laid or not. What matters is you left them defenseless!!! You left me defenseless!!!" I screamed at him. He sighed. His hands went to the sides of my head and he knelt to make eye contact with me. "I.... Wasn't... Trying... To... Get... Laid... I was just frustrated by Carol's constant sobbing so I decided to go out and check around the woods again... Andrea decided to go with me. I didn't think of it as leaving you... I won't leave you..." I still glared daggers at him. "Don't give me that... I'm telling you the truth.." I knew he was too... If Daryl was lying, which he's tried to do to me before, he wont look me in the eyes... He'll try to look at my eyebrows or my nose so it looks like he is... but it doesn't work for him.

"You're still a jack ass." I mumbled. He let out a breathed chuckle. "I know... Trust me, I know." His hands moved from my head as he flashed me his smile. God I love that smile... Wait... What? Did I just think tha-.... Never mind....

The camp was set out a little distance from the farm house, but Daryl's tent was farther away then the rest of them. He had it moved a few feet away from the group too. I walked over to him and gave him a light smile. "Hey.. You mind if we share a tent?" He shook his head, keeping his head down, but I noticed the small smirk on his lips. "Just so I can have my Cuddle Bug." He mumbled with a chuckle. "I just missed my Pookie so bad!" I yelled, jumping on him. "I just think he's so lovable and sensitive!" He chuckled and I let go, laughing. "Mmkay... You go ahead and put your stuff in there..." I shook my head. "You do it." "Why should I?" I smirked, and held up my hand. "Because I'm injured." He huffed, but smiled a bit at me. "Fine... But next time I'm gonna make you lug my tent on your back down the highway." I rolled my eyes. "Sure you are." He chuckled, walking to the RV and retrieving my stuff. I leaned against a tree as he smirked, walking and throwing my stuff in the corner of the tent. "Be careful... I have valuables." He scoffed. "What do you have that's valuable?" I shrugged. "Stuff..." He rolled his eyes, his smirk never leaving his face. "Mhmm."

I walked over towards the group, they were all sitting down around the fire pit eating. "Hey, Katherine... I need to talk to you about what happened." I heard Rick say. I threw my hand up. "Don't Rick... Don't even try." He shook his head, and Lori walked over. "No. You threw your hand in front of a walker for my son... My son. You didn't even think about your own safety.. You could've been bitten yet you didnt think twice about it... So you're going to let me say thank you and show my appreciation... For everything you've done for this group.... Especially for everything you've done for me and my son." Lori's voice was stern, making me not want to object. She looked me dead in the eyes, and those strong eyes held appreciation, and admiration. I just nodded a bit, not knowing what to say. "I believe we all owe Kat a thank you.. She's worked for everything we have... She's worked to make sure that nobody here was left behind... Back in Atlanta.. She protected us.. Hunted for food everyday... Not to say we didn't all work hard, but it's safe to say she worked the hardest..." Dale smiled as the words left his mouth. I opened my mouth, but T-Dog cut me off. "I agree..." The rest of the group all showed of some way they agreed, including Shane. I just looked down. I didn't know what to do... I didn't know what to say. I gulped a bit. "To Katherine... We're grateful to have you as a group member... And I'm grateful to call you a friend... A friend who's like family to me.." Dale slung his arm around my shoulder, and my head dropped back down to the ground as I tried to hide a small smile. They all took a drink of their water, which was kinda funny, then smiled at me. Rick laughed a bit. "Say you're welcome and we can stop." I laughed a bit. "You're welcome..."