World 1: Love, Pain, and Death (5-6)

<><>Chapter 5<><>

Amelia told her plans about saving Caesar to her father.

She wants to save Caesar using a small part of her father's subordinates in creating chaos inside the the heroine's estate.

With the sleeping dust she bought, she suggested to her father that they use it to infiltrate their security system.

The most suitable plan she came up with was to start a fire— in the basement where Caesar is currently at. Then they would save him before everything burns to ruins.

That way, the heroine would think that Caesar died from the fire and he would be free from her. 

Then with that, all she needs to after is to focus and finish her mission.

"I want to save him. Please?" She pleaded.

"You thought of that plan?" The duke was surprised that such plan came from a ten year old child.

"Pretty please?"

"Charlotte, that boy is from the Pink's estate. He belongs to them because they bought him from an orphanage-"

"He doesn't belong to anyone! He isn't anyone's possession and his self solely belongs to him. I- I just want to help him."

Amelia started shedding tears while whimpering. This time, Amelia was acting while mixing her real feelings so that it would look more effective.

'No kidding, I really want to save him for real.'

"Earlier, I saw him with lots of wounds. And no one even bothered to help him. If I was a bit late from tending him, he might've suffered more... Please, daddy." She clutched his clothes.

Seeing his daughter cry all of a sudden, the duke's heart was crumpled like paper.

He then knelt in front of her and wiped her tears using his sleeve.

"Don't cry anymore. I'll save him. So please stop crying." He hugged her.

'Nice.' Amelia celebrated inside.

"And about the sleeping dust you mentioned." Her father muttered.

"Yes?" Amelia rubbed her eyes.

"There's no need to use it. The Northern knights are more than capable of infiltrating their security system. That's why all you need to do is wait."

'Amazing!'

Amelia nodded happily.

"Then, please bring him here safely." She said with a toothy grin.

Seeing his daughter being happy, the duke was filled with happiness as well.

Ever since her mother died from a disease, the only hope he had was their daughter. She was the only family she had left so he treated her like treasure.

Amelia didn't know this but the duke's affection for his daughter is real and deep.

The duke looked at the clock and the short hand nearly struck at ten.

"They'll probably arrive soon." He mumbled.

"What?" Amelia was confused.

"Ah. My subordinates already heard the plan. So they're taking action right now." Her father casually said.

'What- wait, wait! So meaning, they're hiding from the shadows earlier? And they saw me crying? Man, kill me. I'm so embarrassed-' Amelia covered her face.

The duke noticed her covering her face. "What's wrong?"

"Uh- nothing. I'm just happy." She smiled.

'No, it's fine. It's just a one-time embarrassment. All is good.'