"Teacher."

Hayes's mind was cut off when he heard Zoella call him. Right in front of them, there was a group of bandits who stop a fancy-looking carriage and some knights beside it.

Hayes dragged Zoella to hide between the bushes to look at the situation. Hayes purposely chose this road so that they wouldn't run into monsters. However, they ran into something more troublesome instead.

"Hey! Give us all of your fucking things if you want to pass this road."

"How brazen! Don't you know the person in this carriage?"

The knights immediately held out their swords when they see the bandits had weapons with them.

"Teacher, I think I saw their faces on the poster yesterday."

Zoella whispered. Hayes looked at her in surprise. This girl just started being a mercenary yesterday but she acted like she had been a mercenary her whole life.

"Let's wait. And if we need to step in, make sure to keep their limbs intact."

Hayes answered in a low voice too. Zoella nodded at her teacher's words and continue to observe the situation.

"I don't fucking care. You guys, attack!"

The bandits rushed to the knights and started to fight. But no matter how strong they were, they were still overwhelmed by the number of the bandits.

There were only six knights but the bandits were more than ten people. Moreover, they looked really tired maybe because they hadn't rested yet.

Just as the knights were about to be defeated, Hayes and Zoella glanced at each other before they came out of the bushes to help them.

"Who are these motherfu-"

Hayes's fist landed on the bandit's mouth before he could finish his words.

"My disciple is here so you better watch your words."

"GRAAAHHHH"

Hayes and Zoella didn't hold back as they fight them. The bandits came all over the direction and ganged up on Zoella. Luckily Zoella could dodge them and knock them off one by one.

Right after Zoella thought her side was cleared, a bandit grabbed her by the hair and pulled her.

'Damn it.'

Zoella wanted to cut off his hand but Hayes told her to keep their limbs intact.

Slash!

Zoella cut her hair instead then kicked the bandit as strong as she could with mana. The bandit was sent flying and fainted after his body hit a tree. Zoella removed her hair tie to see the length of her hair now.

Her hair that originally reached her waist now only reached her shoulder. Not to mention the cut was uneven so she needed to tidy it up later.

Seeing both of their sides clear, Zoella decided to tie them up together while Hayes talked to the knights.

"Sir Castor, we're really lucky that you were here."

"It's no problem. Are any of you injured?"

"Well-"

Before the knight answered him, the carriage door burst open revealing a man supporting a silver-haired woman.

It was Count Elijah Leighton and his wife, Countess Amelia Leighton.

"Thank you so much for helping us, Sir Castor."

Hayes looked at the woman in front of her. With her weak body, she still came out of the carriage to give her gratitude to him.

"No need to thank me, Countess. I'm glad all of you are fine."

"By any chance, are you heading to our territory? If that was the case how about you come with us?"

This time, it was the Count who wanted to repay his deed. Hayes was about to decline his offer if Zoella didn't chime in so suddenly.

"Teacher, I tied them up over there."

The Leighton couple, especially Amelia Leighton was stunned when she saw Zoella. Her eyes and body trembled. She felt like if her husband didn't support her, she would've fallen to the ground.

"Good job. Zoe, would you mind giving some of your potions to the injured knights?"

"Sure, no problem."

Zoella bowed to the Leighton couple before she left to treat the knights.

"Sir Castor, may I ask who that young lady is?"

Elijah Leighton asked with a trembling voice. Seeing him like that, Hayes had no choice but to rush his plan ahead.

"She's Zoella Rae, my disciple."