ix. the long talk ( part 2 )

STEAL MY CLOTHES::  ix

STEAL MY CLOTHES
:: ix. | the long talk ( part 2 )

It was 10pm. Sarah was finally leaving her room again after three hours. She walked back out into the open and saw Alexa sitting on the couch. It seemed as if she sat there the whole time waiting for her. Sarah rolled her eyes as she jumped on the counter top. She had her pajamas on, shorts and a big plaid shirt.

"Please tell me you have not been sitting there the whole time?" Sarah rested her head back on the cabinet behind her.

"And if I did?" Alexa turned to Sarah.

"You have a bad case of Sarahjean." Sarah wiggled her brows in a jokingly matter.

However, Alexa didn't take it as that. She got immediately defensive, "No. I don't."

"Woah there, demie." Sarah put her hands up in defense, "I was just joking."

"Right." She nodded, "Anyway, we were talking about you. Don't you want a kind person?"

Sarah rolled her eyes as she hopped off the counter, "Dude. I thought we were done with this? I do not want to spend the rest of my night talking about someone who's not here. That's boring." She headed to the couch and sat next to Alexa, "Let's watch a movie."

Alexa caved in, "Fine. Any suggestions?"

Sarah had a slight smirk plastered on her face. She leaned forward grabbing the controller then turning the tv on to head to Netflix. Sarah's a big horror fan so letting her pick the movie usually isn't the best idea.

Alexa didn't really care much of what they were watching. She did get frightened by a few scenes of the movie though, resulting in her grabbing Sarah's hand or scooting closer to the blonde. Sarah just thought she was a chump and tried not to read into it that much. After an hour or so, the movie had ended and so to cleanse Sarah's mind, she likes to put on friends. One of her favorite sitcoms and she had a major crush on Joey. She didn't notice it at first but when alexa's head fell onto Sarah's shoulder, that's when she noticed Alexa was fasted asleep.

Sarah lightly smiled as she glanced at Alexa before turning her attention back to the tv. Eventually it hit midnight and Sarah thought it was time to call it a night. She picked up the controller that was next to her, then turned off the tv. She then leaned forward and placed the controller on the table in front of her. She turned to Alexa and just stared at her while she thought of what to do. She didn't want to move and wake Alexa up but also, sleeping upright isn't ideal either. So she thought of an idea, she would go get a blanket.

Sarah picked up alexa's head and gently laid it on the couch. She turned her back, about to head to the linen closet and as she did, Alexa had slightly woken up.

"Where you going?" Alexa was half asleep, still laying down on the couch.

Sarah turned around at the sound of her voice, "I'm gonna get a blanket."

Alexa didn't say anything. She just nodded as she continued to sleep. Sarah turned back around, continuing her way to get a blanket for the both of them. Once she returned, she put the blanket over Alexa. Sarah then sat near alexa's head about get to comfortable to lay down and just a second later, Alexa moved upwards resting her head on Sarah's lap.

Sarah not knowing what to do or how to react, just sat there. Before she decided sleeping right side up was not ideal, well now she had no choice. So that's what she did. She closed her eyes and subconsciously, her hand lightly fell on alexa's side. Her hand just rested there as the rest of her body fell asleep.

 Her hand just rested there as the rest of her body fell asleep

a/n:
one more chapter, then
act two !! 👀