VIII • That one blissful moment

Start from the beginning

Her activities and uncomfortably loud music had made it impossible for her to process her surroundings. So she was unaware of the presence behind her.

He wasn't following her. He had also been woken up by the slow rising of the sun. He was also making his way to the astronomy tower but was interrupted from his quiet stroll at the sound of light giggles. He didn't intend on making his presence noticeable. So Theo would allow Aurora Flores to do her own thing, while he minded his own business.

But he couldn't help but watch. You couldn't blame him. The walk to his chosen location was a long and lengthy one, this was the merely the entertainment.

Eyes closed as she swayed. Nose and cheeks painted red from the chilly air. He could recognise the melody she was mumbling. 'I've baby'. He liked that song. He could predict her next movement when he saw the large crack in the ground before her. Like he guessed, she then tripped. It was more of a stumble, if anything. He lightly snorted at her actions.

He was slightly intrigued as she brushed off her light fall and continued to dance. Her arms randomly swayed by her chest. Her hips lightly rocked. Her movements were subtle. Nothing embarrassing but adorable? He didn't think it was adorable for more than a second. He certainly thought it was hilarious. It was natural to find someone in such a vulnerable position funny.

He could tell it was natural. It was raw. It was real. Though, no one would ever act this freely if they knew they were being watched. He didn't expect her to. Especially since she couldn't even manage to express her actual opinions and attitude, he scoffed at his all too true thoughts.

Her dancing stopped as the song did. The music had come to an end. In the silence she could've sworn she heard steps being taken from behind her. She shot around in a matter of milliseconds.

Theo was too fast. He had already jumped behind a wall. He didn't feel like conversing with a fake. It bothered him to do so. He also didn't want to be accused of being a stalker. If he hadn't quickly jumped out of sight, she would have felt watched and paranoid, then he would have to explain what he was doing, and he felt that conversation would've been inevitably awkward.

After a mere moment of paranoia, she turned back around and hummed subtly. He couldn't hear it. It bothered him. He wanted to hear her. When she wasn't aware she was being watched she was real. It was the only opportunity he would ever receive where he could spectate the real version of Aurora that wasn't necessarily cold. Because he planned to spectate the real her, but it would be the true, dark, unkind, rude version of her.

Though, In that particular moment he liked her. It wasn't one of those times of which it would be for a second and he would quickly scold himself for doing so. No. He genuinely liked her, and he understood that.

Theodore knew that he would always despise her due to her altered personality and that she was certainly a terrible person like the rest of them, but he liked how natural this moment was. Perhaps it was his obligation to reveal her true colours. Perhaps he'd be doing her a favor. He knew he'd be doing himself one. He still loathed her, that was definite.

The pondering Slytherin noticed that she was making her way up the stairs of the astronomy tower. He was somewhat disappointed. He wouldn't be able to venture up there without her noticing. So he turned around and made his way back.

Arms stuffed in the pockets of his tracksuit pants to provide them with heat. He only wore a tank top for his shirt, he clearly hadn't anticipated the coldness. He felt awfully daft. It was bloody Scotland. What did he expect? In his defense he was half asleep himself when he left his dorm. Yet, apparently, sweet little Aurora had managed to get herself a warm jumper. How she infuriated him.