4. Talk with a friend.

Alya sprinted through the raining streets of Paris, never ever in her life did she run with such velocity as the moment she received the call this morning

      Alya sprinted through the raining streets of Paris, never ever in her life did she run with such velocity as the moment she received the call this morning. Forget school! Or the fact that the lady blog needed updates! Marinette's tear-stained message broke her heart. And she could believe that she waited for the next day to listen to it rather than last night around 00:00 when it was sent. What kind of friend was she?

        Just the trough that Marinette was suffering, and more specifically she was suffering  because of Alya's own actions made the redhead  lose her mind! Not even bothering to salute Mrs. and Mr. DupainChang the fox girl bursts upstairs finding the ladybug on the floor, red puffy eyes, knees to her chest, tears still slithering in her cheeks.

" Mariette!" Alya bursts into tears kneeling down to the pig-tailed girl.

" Alya," she hugs her back and they start to cry together for a couple of minutes.

" Marinette I am so sorry," the fox girl apologizes," I should have never forced you to go on that date I just wanted you to get out! Please don't hate me, I can't live with the thought that -"

" I don't hate you, Alya," the brunette cut her off," I... what happened last night, my message was rushed by anguish, I wanted to thank you for forcing me to go."

" What?"

Marinette brushes her tears away.

" Last night was great. The show, the lights, the food! It was splendid! "

" What about Felix? Did he hurt you? In your message, you were crying and-"

" Yea, I was crying." she admitted" Felix did hurt me, Alya. The worst way possible Alya," Marinette confessed bursting into another set of tears," because he opened my eyes."

"What?" her best friend frowned in confusion,"What do you mean?"

He said," she sobbed, big tears falling from her eyes," that if I will keep chasing unreachable people I will chase my whole life, and I will still be left behind," she blew her nose," He's right, I can't be with Adrian because he doesn't see me that way, I can't hurt Kagami, and I can't keep harming myself like this Alya, it hurts too much!"

" I am here for you dear,"Alya hug her," I am sorry that I created you so much pain. "

" No, I needed to hear this. It was the push I require to awaken to reality. But now I don't know what to do anymore, I still have feelings for him but... Oh, God!"

" Yes?"Alya patiently waited for her friend to finish, for the first time Marinette was releasing all the frustration that she gathered over the 3 years of high school." Let it out dear, let it out."

"It's been three years Alya, I am tired. But that's not why I called you here." She brushed her tears for the last time," Read this" she handed her the letter from lady Graham.

      Alya pushed the glasses up her nose as she read it with curiosity. Her smile enlarged with every sentence until she gasps with excitement.

" Marinette those are amazing news!" Alya squeezed the letter to her chest. " Lady Graham hired you to make a new fashion line for the Graham vogue house! You can start a career as a designer! And a scholarship at one of London's most prestigious fashion schools!"

" But the school it's in the UK, Alya. I will have to leave my friends and family behind..." She looked to the ground," the same thing happen with Chloe's mom!"

" So," Alya sighed," looks like you have a lot on your plate, first the thing with Adrian and now this..."

" Give me some advice Alya, what should I do?" she rested her head on her knees.

" Marinette," she trough for a bit," I don't know. "

" Alya..."

" Marinette you work so hard, you design clothing, do well in school, labor in your family's bakery. I don't think such an opportunity will appear a third time." Alya tear up because the words that she was about to say ripped her apart but it was the right thing to do," you deserve happiness dear, you deserve to be rewarded for your hardship. To be recognized.  Marinette, I don't want our friendship to be a weight that stops you from archiving glory. No one does! Please accept the offer!"

"Alya..."the brunette was speechless, she wanted to go but against anything she desires, she hoped Alya might change her mind." But I won't get to see you! And I need you more than anything now! "

" I won't leave you, dear! There will still be video calls and phones and the Bubu-blog. But it would hurt me even more if I or any of our friends stopped you from achieving your dream. And, perhaps taking a break from Adrien will help you realize what to do next. "

" You think that?"

" Yes, please don't hesitate to achieve happiness because you are afraid to hurt us. I will support you all the way dear. I will call you everyday and tell you the news back home. "

" I will think of it. Thank you, Alya!" the heroine pouts still hugging her best friend. What about ladybug? Alya didn't know Marinette was ladybug, and what if while she was at the presentation Hawmock attacked? What will become of Paris?

        She couldn't be selfish and abandon everyone just for her wishes, could she? And what about her parents? If she does win and gets a scholarship she will never see her friends again. But then again, being paid for her work seem as satisfying as any, she deserves it, doesn't she? She didn't know... it was such a controversy!

      No, Paris didn't deserve to lose its protector! Even if it was at the expense of her happiness!