Chapter 9

INDINA'S P.O.V

"Hey man, where's she?"

"Tobs?"

"Dude, you can't ignore us like that?"

"Alright it's your turn! Get in the room, buddy!"

I saw everybody trying to talk to him but he walked upstairs to his room instead. I immediately checked on the carpark. Car's gone. Hannah's gone again.

"Shoot, Toby! Can you at least appreciate what she's done to you? How many times she tried to be happy for you, and for you only? Those sleepless nights she needed to spend studying because she's here for you and ditched her school? Can you freaking appreciate?!?!"

I slammed the door and ran to the bus station nearest to the block. None of them could catch my run because I was emotionally blocking their way to it. It has to be between me and Hannah only. I could feel her broken heart. Toby's such a jerk. I knew it. I hate him for hurting my best friend all over again. I should've asked her more detailed.

"Hannah? Hann, where you at?!" I searched for the entire house from basement to pool at the backyard.

"Hannah!" I ran to her room, but was stopped by her silhouette from our wall. "Oh Jesus..."

She stared at me with the eyes full of hopelessness. Her tears were dried out on her cheeks. Her eyes were red from crying too much. I know I took longer time to get home because the damn traffic and rain. I left her too long. She's already bleeding on the floor.

"Please baby please don't do this." I took the knife out from her hand. She took it back. "I said please don't!"

"It's okay..." Her voice slowly vanished to the thin air. Then Hannah stopped breathing.

I ran again to where I left my phone and purse to call 911. She's seriously stopped breathing. Too much blood on the floor made me worry, how many cuts she has made in 45 minutes. I'm not losing my best friend at this point. Not today.

"Can you please hurry up??? She's upstairs!" I yelled to the ambulance workers.

"Stay calm, miss. We got this." One of the doctors asked me to sit.

The sirens and doctor's questions were pinned in my head, like I don't know which to hear first. Hannah was already in the ambulance van, ready to go. I let her go under their protection, meanwhile one of the doctors would drive me to hospital right behind them.

"Please save her." I mouthed to the doctor.

"Will do our best, Indina. The nurse will take you to her room. She'll be there when she's stable." The doctor explained me. "Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded.

"This way, miss." The nurse helped me to proceed the inpatient room.

I stayed there til the sun rise. Couldn't sleep, barely ate, eyes full of tears. Screwed life. She did it once again. And I had no power to stop her.

"Indina, hey, you there?"

I finally answered Thomas' phone call after 54 missed calls.

"Yeah."

"Baby, you're okay? Talk to me."

"I'm in hospital." I tried to hold my shaky voice.

"Wait what?! What happened?" Thomas screamed from across the line.

"Hannah cut herself again. Quick reminder, if you want to come here, still with Toby being a jerk, I suggest not to come. She suffers enough."

"Hang in there. I'll be coming in 10."

You know what? I don't care. I just want my best friend to be okay. Screw the celebrity's girlfriend's life. I'm ready to take the crown off for the sake of Hannah.