Chapter 2

TOBY'S P.O.V

Holy McDonough residence. I love my house. The smell of my pillow, thank goodness Mom kept it that way. It was an amazing first ever Europe tour, completed by a small party outside the town, til Lonnie brought us home by 3 am. I don't know. Something like that. We almost passed out on living room couch til Dad dragged our feet back to our own room. Thank you very much. So today, at this very 4 pm, we finally wide awake.

"Breakfast, anyone?" Mom smirked from her palace. Oh yeah. I mean her kitchen.

"Hands down for it." I took a piece of chicken bite. "Dang hungry."

"Yeah. We've been dead for 12 hours, so." Riley took another bite.

"Not like that." Mom slapped our hands when we're grabbing each other's second piece of chicken. "Wait for Connor and Dad."

"I'm hungry Daaaaaaaaad!!!" Riley made the loudest sound on table.

"Coooooooon!!!" I yelled too.

"Freaking chicken." Connor pouted from behind. "We're having orange juice at the back. Shush."

"Oh!" I grabbed one glass of it. "Shall we?"

Dad and Connor gathered in the dining table so Mom was leading the pray then we ate. Oh, burgers and chicken bites, all is well with the world. All three of us ate like we never have it before.

"So, boy, who's Quinn?" Dad broke the silence between the toss of forks and knife.

"Oh my gosh." I choked my meal out.

"Easy bro." Riley got me water.

"Who's telling you?" I asked him. All stayed in silence. I glanced at Connor. "Oh of course."

"What? I'm eating burger." He said faking an innocent look,

"Gonna kill you after this." I playfully pointed my knife to him.

"Hey hey, seriously, who's Quinn?" Dad stopped us.

"She's a..." I glanced at Riley and Mom, asking for help. "A...girl."

"Bless the food!" Connor shouted. "Of course she is."

"What kind of girl?" Dad sticked to his point.

"A good girl. She's still Thomas' far cousin. Surprise." I raised my eyebrows.

"Whoa." Dad ate his burger bite. "You're dating her?"

That's one question I couldn't answer. Too hard. I haven't met her. Asked her out through Skype wasn't actually a way to tell we're dating. Yes, we suppose to be dating. But I'm afraid she's gonna tell otherwise.

"Possibly." I nodded.

"Go meet her." Mom suggested. "You need to clear it up, right?"

"Wait what?" I looked at everybody.

"Chill bro. You're not in a court. She's your girl. Go ask her out, this time for real." Connor elaborated.

"Oh." I repeatedly meaningfully nodded my head. So that's the point.

"What I'm saying is you have to be careful with who you are right now. People know you, son. It's not about what song you play on stage. It's also about what shirt you wear out today. Or with whom you spend your weekends. Or which kind of girl you take to the camera as your girlfriend. I've told this a million times. Pick wisely."

"Hmm." I listened to every word Dad told me.

"I don't want you to have 'that' moment too." Riley put the quote mark in the air.

"Right." I smiled. "Thanks all."

"No problem." Connor smirked me a victory reaction. I just rolled my eyes at him.

We spent few hours talking in the dining room like we always do. Family meeting. Dad told us what's been happening at the office. We told the parents everything that happened in Europe. It's like an early dinner for us. We finally splitted different ways. Connor was in his room continuing sleep. Riley was editing video. Mom and Dad were out for a new movie downtown. Me? Gotta ask Quinn out to the beach.

"Hey." I phoned her.

"Hey Toby." She answered nicely.

"Uhm...I'm back home. You busy?"

"You're here?" Her voice projected happiness. "Not at all!"

"Cool. Can we go somewhere? Pick you up at 7?"

"Positive!"

"Alright. Be there soon."

"Can't wait to meet you baby." She whispered.

"Me neither." I smiled inside. "Bye bye."

"See you."

I immediately changed myself into normal black tee and jeans. Just a beach moment for two of us. I'm tired of wearing leather jacket, for Tank's sake. I went out by 6:30 because it took me more than half an hour probably to reach her house.

"I'm outside." I called her then hung up.

A minute later, this beautiful girl in simple white dress stood before me. You might tell I possibly caught everything with the eyes but yes she's so pretty. Lucky to be hers.

"Are your parents home?" I laid my back to the wall.

"Nope. Out for business dinner." She blinked at me.

"Oh okay. Shall we?" I grabbed her hand, with pounding heartbeats outside my chest.

"Where we going?" She asked as I drove off slowly back to the main street.

"Beach." I smiled. "You okay?"

"Sure."

It was all good. We were holding hands all the time. She's such a sweetheart. Her dirty blonde hair was flipped as smooth wind touched it. Driving me crazy. The way she bows her head everytime she smiles or giggles, that's indescribable. Quinn really is making me happy. I don't care if we meet some fans at the beach right now because this rare moment is the most important for me.

"So...why didn't you tell me before about Thomas?" I chuckled.

"Oh! Hahaha I forgot. Remember you lost your signal for the past few days before you came back? I was about to tell you but yeah."

"Haha you're right." I stared far across the sea.

"What about me being your girlfriend, according to him?" She asked back.

"He's cool about it. The boys are okay too. So are my parents." I pinched her nose.

"Good, then."

She, surprisingly, was the one who landed her lips on mine. It was perfect. She's my dream girlfriend. Perfectly blowed by the wind, our lips moved closer and deeper. I untied it at some point, finally, thinking it's enough for now. I'm happy about having her already. It's gonna be a good life with Quinn. My Quinnera.