ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 28 'ᴏʙᴇᴅɪᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴜᴘᴘʏ & ʟᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ'

Start from the beginning

''My daughter... So grown up ''

___

"Ah ... the traitor has decided to show up."

"Shut up, Damon."

"You're late to save everyone. Some are dead and those who should are not.''

"Elena is alive, isn't she? Isn't she the only person you care about?''

"Ha ha ha, very funny."

"Damon, I don't think either of us has the time or patience for your stupid speech."

''Ouch. Some don't really have much at the time.''

I sighed and turned to face him. I saw on his face that he was tired even though he wanted to hide it behind his classic grin. He was exhausted and looked defeated. ''Does it hurt?''

''What? None 'Thank you, nature, that you will make sure he dies and I wouldn't have to do it myself?' Or 'Such a terrible person, I'm glad he suffers and will be gone every end of the day?' ''

''No,'' I said and hugged him. I felt him tense and didn't hug the hug until he wrapped his arms around me lightly. After a moment, he laid his head on my shoulder.

"I don't want to die."

"I know, Dam, I know."

"Can't you do the same thing you did with Rose?"

"I would like to, but I can't. I don't have one of the things I need to do that.''

"So that's the end of my journey for me," he said, pulling away from the embrace. "Thanks at least for the effort. But don't tell others you're the only one who knows.''

"Trust me, Dam. Everything will turn out well in the end, you just have to wait for the good end.''

"Well, that good will have to hurry, because my end is coming."

"I hope you don't give up without a fight, because I'm going to need you to teach Jenna to be a vampire."

''Why? First, she hates me, second, why me and not Stefan, and third, if she didn't notice, I'm dying.''

I shrugged. "Maybe ... yeah one more thing."

He sighed. ''Tell me...''

"Do you have a tennis ball?"

___

"Fetch," I threw the ball and saw the wolf running after it. He grabbed him in the mouth and ran to me. He sat down and placed the ball in front of my feet. He wagged his tail with his tongue sticking out. I scratched his ears. "Good boy."

"If he remembers, he'll kill us both so there are no witnesses."

"Let him try."

"And I'll watch."

"Would you help me?"

''No. I should?''

I heard him laugh behind me. I wanted to laugh too, but I had to play offended. "Come on," He said and poked me. "Don't be offended ... I'll buy you food."

''No it does not. I have something better.''

"I'm a little scared now."

"You should, because we're going to the water park."

''No.''

"Yes, it will be fun."

''Absolutely no.''

"But that wasn't a question, so I don't need an answer to that."