epilogue

two months later

white smoke issued from yoshinori's mouth. a moment later a hand which this whole time had been caressing his arm swiftly took the cigarette away from his fingers.

"once we are done with emptying the cellar, you cut down on smoking."

the voice was supposed to sound reprimanding but as the red-hair boy looked up, jihoon had already put the tab in his mouth. letting out a few circles, yoshi played with them, trying to seize something that couldn't be tangible.

"I won't," he stated, completely ignoring the command, although it was so kindly given that yoshinori wouldn't name it as such. jihoon never ordered him around, after all in this relationship jihoon was the one weak for yoshinori's quiet "please" and slight tugging of his shirt. "since I know it turns you on, I will never quit."

as jihoon's mouth formed a smile, the younger in one stroke snatched the cigarette away and discarding it somewhere on the floor, he sprawled on top of his boyfriend. after dealing with clients who were furious after finding out that they won't get any more supply of the drugs because the business is about to be taken down, both leaders found a minute to lie down on the sofa, revel in each other and cherish the moment of privacy.

this is what their daily routine has looked like for the past two months. from the moment jihoon accepted that his brother found someone else who would take care of him - although after lots of humming and hawing, reluctance, threats, and changing his mind - they decided to finally fulfill their dream. but there was much more to it. they would never feel ready to do it if it wasn't for some aid circumstances.

yoshinori didn't have to worry about doyoung's health anymore, or at least could dwell on this problem a little less. on the day of jaehyuk's, asahi's, and yedam's departure, as the other members were bidding goodbye to them, doyoung refused to let go of the third boy. he wrapped yedam in his small arms, confessing that either they stay here or he goes with them. right then jaehyuk and yoshinori made up their minds. there will be more perspective for the youngest in japan, he could go on a therapy there, what is more maybe a sedentary life somewhere in the countryside would have a healing impact on his tormented spirit. that's how yoshinori with puffy eyes and red nose came to jihoon one evening, sobbing about how lonely he now felt at home.

here came another solution - since jihoon let haruto live with jeongwoo, recruiting mashiho as one of his members, the idea of merging two groups together has never seemed more brilliant. although the day of moving in was a bit awkward and silent, the members gradually felt comfortable in each others' presence. three newcomers - yoshinori, haruto, and mashiho - were treated like long-lost friends in no time. haruto now found someone to practice taekwondo with, junghwan eager to teach him the technics, mashiho who has never been referred to as cerberus anymore, spent most of his work time with junkyu. what made jihoon extremely relieved was, that the former guard convinced him to turn off the display once in a while to go out of the house, and do at least a few circles around the building. the "few circles" evaluated to long walks that two boys would take, feeding the ducks, holding hands under the rising sun. last but not least, jihoon felt a tinge of jealousy as yoshinori kept on admiring hyunsuk's jewelry pierced through his bottom lip. the oldest was at times as red as a strawberry, trying to deny the complements. all of them had their own penchant, troubles, oddities, but all in all, they would never judge, criticize, or try to mend. they were made imperfect due to everything they had been through, but that's what made them perfect to be with each other and feel at home.

yoshinori scooted down, placing a chaste kiss on jihoon's lips. the other couldn't let go easily, so the initially pure kiss was now heated, sultry. if it wasn't for the knocking on the door, which irritated jihoon to the brims, yoshinori's pet shirt could be in danger.

"impatient." the younger remarked, pecking the other on the nose. "who do you think it is this time?"

jihoon rolled his eyes. "probably junkyu. after he realized he has a crush on mashiho, he doesn't know how to ask him out."

yoshinori added in an approving way. "I bet it's hyunsuk. recently he has been debating whether to dye his hair blue or not. it has been troubling him, he might need someone's opinion."

"come in!" once the bets were placed jihoon called out.

the person who went inside wasn't expected - junghwanie bowed before entering the room, an envelope in his hands.

"what's that junghwan-ah?"

whenever it was mail time, yoshinori was alerted. he has been communicating with the ones he let go of to japan through letters, and so he almost jumped from jihoon's lap, just to see if it is what he hoped.

"from jaehyuk hyung." the youngest smiled, handing the letter to the recipient.

yoshinori beamed looking at the paper, he hugged the other shortly and immediately ripped the envelope.

jihoon came from behind, coated his arms around yoshinori's waist, leaned his chin on the other's arm, and started reading along. he couldn't help but smile after learning that jaehyuk obtained a decent job and they were making a good living, that asahi started painting on canvas, that yedam came back to pole dance, the passion which he had to quit after being bought by jaehyuk and asahi, took in their safe arms, and loved. lastly, as they both read the last sentence, he kissed yoshinori on the cheek, where at that moment a tear appeared.

"they found him a good therapist. if that's the case he will be happy again in no time, dear."

yoshinori nodded, turning around so that jihoon could close him in a tight embrace. a soft, comforting kiss was given, a whisper which only two of them could hear. there were still many obstacles to overcome, many problems to tackle, and heaps of work to do but they were together. they had each other, they had the boys which once put their trust in them and decided to stay loyal.

they learned how to achieve good things by doing good.

// ✧ //

my dear flowers ! thank you for being with me and my 'abide' characters from the beginning until now <3 it is not the last goodbye, we will meet again in other stories am I right? love you all, stay safe and treasure fighting!