chapter 7

jihoon had just sent hyunsuk away as someone knocked on the door. he was busy shuffling through all the piles of sheets, colorful magazines, discarding some emptied plastic cups, groaning heavily as the thing he was looking for so passionately vanished from his sight.

"boss, someone is waiting by the door."

junkyu's voice although rang in his ears, didn't really make him bother about what he was bound to do at such a moment. his eyes have suddenly been drawn to the paper which got buried among all the identical ones, losing its previous significance. as the japanese alphabet caught his attention, the boy's hand attentively reached to grab it. he looked at the thing in his grasp, it hasn't changed a bit since he saw it for the first time, yet somehow the name written on it in bold brought scenes and memories he found himself dreaming about when musing.

"kanemoto yoshinori..." he thought, but this time his thoughts due to his lack of focus were voiced. 

"someone called for me?"

jihoon's heart did a strange motion, resembling neither a leap nor a pit-a-pat. it went directly up to his throat, getting stuck like a lump, refusing to let him speak up as the red-hair boy stood proudly right behind his desk. jihoon didn't like how the other had to look down to maintain eye contact, hence once he remembered who and where he was, the boy straightened his legs, subtly trying to pump his muscles even more as he crossed his arms. his stance gruffly implied: "I didn't invite you here."

yoshinori upon spotting that the one he was so delighted to meet again was rather irritated with his presence, brushed his tongue against his upper lip. it took him only a few soft glances at jihoon, with an additional flapping of his eyelashes, and the dam the other boy built got demolished to the last brick. jihoon knew he had to get yoshinori alone and the man who followed the other here was a nuisance that had to be taken care of.

"junkyu, take the new friend of yours and leave. you can make out or whatever you want, just do not come back here until I tell you."

the said boy who had been quietly observing the scene a lot better than the ones he remembered from the dramas, put his hands on his hips, defiantly saying: 

"who said I would make out with hi-" but the second his eyes laid upon a man who accompanied his leader all the way here, he fell silent.

corvine, dense hair, mullet, fair complexion, junkyu gulped as the other showed the canines which added to the whole image a bit of adorable touch. on his eyelids two foxy lines looked like conjured, he had no mascara on, and yet his lashes were curled up. whilst this work of art which ran away from the museum merely brushed junkyu with his gaze, the latter got hooked up with his mouth agape.

the silence which prevailed in the room was broken by yoshinori's mellow command although it was so gently given that jihoon doubted whether it could be called a command.

"you can leave, hyukie. just do not show any of your toys to this new friend, alright?"

wrinkles overcame jihoon's face as his gaze reluctantly from the blooming, fragrant flower in front proceeded to the other guy who came in. the one so affectionately named "hyukie" bowed mutely and left being dragged by the arm, junkyu clinging to him as if they have been bosom friends.

"I don't think they will hook up. jaehyuk has boyfriends already."

since there was still a barrier, commonly called a "desk" unalterably standing in between them, yoshinori with one swift move pushed all of the jihoon's belongings to the side. all of the papers, notes, pencils, and even the flecks of dust flew in the air. the owner didn't have a minute to get angry about it, as yoshinori jumped onto the desk, took a step further, and snatched the sheet, which until now had been in jihoon's hold.

"g-give it back!"

where was his reflex, his ability to knock down even the boar with bare hands? where did it go, and why did it decide to hide when yoshinori was around?

"so you searched up about me, that's cute." the other graciously descend to the ground again, now walking to and fro, reading these two or three sentences as if it was someone's first-ever story to be published. "awhh and that's all google that knows?" his head shook a bit. "how disappointing." and as the paper stopped being so interesting, it fell from his hands.

jihoon's soles finally unglued from the floor, he rushed towards the other, on the way picking up the "disappointing" source of information he had sweat over to find.

in no time, yoshinori was already on the other side of the room, his finger pressing against the tangible bulge near junkyu's workplace left there only yesterday.

"you play darts?" he smiled, looking at jihoon sideways.

"you can say that." the other uttered, instinctively checking if all of his weapons were in their usual spots – razor in the left pocket, clasp knife in the right, five more blades in his pant legs, and thick, leather belt.

"what about playing now? with me?"

jihoon wanted to refuse, saying that these darts can't really be considered as such, cause one throws something else instead, but at this second it struck him that he has never met a personage like yoshinori and he will probably never meet someone for an inch similar.

"I took my pet knife with me hoping we would play."

jihoon felt overwhelming ecstasy, the sentence working better than any aphrodisiac. yoshinori's excited laugh could soon be heard, as his smaller hand got engulfed into the other, stronger, and two of them went out in order to... play darts.

// ✧ //