Winter was still covering her eyes, waiting for Karina to get out of the room. She was too embarrassed, utterly dumbfounded, (having a crisis maybe), to meet her eyes.

Everything was still sinking in. She can't believe she slept with Karina! The infamous campus Princess-It Girl-Everyone's crush, Karina Yu!

Then she heard the door being opened and then closed, signalling that Karina had already gone out.

Winter, think! You dolt! She cusses, forcing her brain to come up with an idea to get out of this situation.

She hurriedly, yet softly, tiptoed to grab her clothes that were resting on the sofa. She blushed when she saw herself with just her undergarments in the mirror.

I gotta get out of here — fast, she mentally remarked.

She went out of the room, careful not to make any sound. She saw the latter on the kitchen counter, beating some eggs while humming.

Some people might fall in love with a barefaced Karina Yu making breakfast while wearing only a tee and her knickers. It feels utterly domestic, and it's such a sight to behold. But Winter is different from those people.

It might be rude to leave without saying goodbye. But Winter knows that she shouldn't get involved with Karina. Goodbyes are not necessary for a one-time thing. And this, right now, is only a one-time thing. Once she gets out of here, everything will be forgotten. Oblivion is a curse.

Luckily, she found her way out of Karina's dorm room. It was fortunate that no one saw her. She couldn't believe that the latter lives alone in that big of an arse place, while Yizhuo and her have to share the bathroom with five more people. How unfair.

She tries to take in where the bloody hell she was, and it seems like she's on the other side of the campus. She ran back to their college dorm at speed. She wonders and curses why they have classes on weekends, it's supposed to be a rest day.

She shouldn't have listened to Yizhuo. Nothing good comes out of her mouth.

Never trust a redhead, she mutters to no one.

Speaking of the devil, she hasn't texted her yet. Winter opens her phone and sees a bunch of texts and missed class from her so-called, redheaded, best friend. She sighs, bracing herself for what's coming.

Her best friend, Ning Natalie Yizhuo, is like a fusion of Natalie Portman and Lily Collins, but the Asian version. It also explains the origin of her second name.

Winter always deemed that the Gods were so unfair when they made Yizhuo descend from heaven. It's like Aphrodite meets the common folk. Such a head-turner. Wherever she goes, people will break their necks 360° just to get a glimpse of her. Birds chirp, butterflies fly, and flowers bloom wherever she walks. It sounds straight out of a Disney movie. She's not exaggerating.

"She's so gorgeous, she doesn't look real," was quoted by one of the members of her own fan club every time they passed the hallway. It makes Winter cringe whenever they stare at her best friend with a love-stuck look.

Winter is, up until now, still wondering if her best friend is aware of this nonsense because she can be utterly dense sometimes. Let's just give her the benefit of the doubt, shall we? She mutters to herself.

Due to this advantage, everybody deemed that she was an angel blessed from heaven. But Winter knows best that Yizhuo is the opposite of angels and heaven. Yizhuo is an absolute devil in disguise. With her perfectly sculptured face, she could fool anyone by just acting innocent.