Chapter 8

For Xenovia it all went to hell in less than 24 hours, Irina, Asia and surprisingly Larcade where missing, probably doing of the fallen angels. Then the heir to the house of Gremory came looking for help, the fallen angel Kokabiel had declared his intentions to start a new holy war. Now, she could only trust in her instincts and pray for her friends to be safe, the good thing is that she wasn't unarmed, at least she had her swords to defend herself.

Asia had "fought" the knight's grip with all her strength to exhaustion, it had been hours, maybe a day, she couldn't know, the knight never released her form the grip. It had been horrifying hours, for the first couple of them the only thing she could heard was Larcade's screams of agony, then it all went quiet, which was most terrifying for her than the screams, at least they mean that Larcade was alive.

Mavis exited the room, she was clearly exhausted, as if she had been fighting with an army all by herself. To be honest, she had just fought something worst, and it worried her, she thought they had more time to find a solution. There's when the tears started falling, it was a game changer, maybe for the best, maybe for the worst, and she was frightened by the worst possible scenario, she didn't want it, she didn't want to loose her son to a monster like that.

"Ma... Mavis?..." The crying had woke up Asia "Wha... What's wrong?" She tried to get close to her, but still the knight was holding her. Mavis noticed that, and with just one hand movement that knight disappeared, she cleaned up the tears not wanting to worry Asia more.

"You can come in now, he's asleep" Mavis informed Asia while pointing to the door with her head, Asia immediately ran to the door, and when she was opening it she heard Mavis "Asia, please, take care of him" With that, Mavis exited the room floating through the ceiling and Asia entered the room were larcade was laying.

The first thing she noticed was that the walls were recovered with some type of material similar to the one used to make the rooms soundproof, then there was a bed that didn't seemed to fit with the rest of the room, maybe it was Mavis work. A few steps later she heard a crunching sound, looking down she realized there were black scales laying on the floor, but they weren't normal, for starts they were easily a hundred times bigger than any reptile scale. Even though it was kind of horrifying she didn't care about it and got close to the bed. There he was, lying on the bed the unconscious body of Larcade, he was just using baggy pants, also probably Mavis doing, his body was the same, as if the cracks she saw didn't exist anymore. Then she looked at his face, noticing something different, on each one of his cheeks there were three dark blue marks giving him a more savage look.

An hour later.

Larcade had woke up very agitated, screaming and making erratic moves, like if he was fighting for his life. Asia, who was just sleeping in the side of the bed woke up by the sudden screaming.

"Larcade!" Cried Asia while jumping towards him, fortunately for her, her scream caught his attention and made his erratic moves stop, giving him the chance to catch her, which lead Asia to hug Larcade tightly.

"Asia! What... What happened?" Asked Larcade confused, although he had a slight idea of it.

"I... I don't know... We were about to go to try to find the fallen angels, and then... The..." Tears began to fall from Asia's eyes, making Larcade caress her cheek and clean the trail of liquid with his thumb.

"Please don't cry, I promised it to you, you won't have to cry anymore" He said while caressing her cheek and stoking her hair.

They kept in that hug for a few more minutes, not saying a word nor making a move, just, enjoying the moment, each one in their own unique way, Asia enjoying how protected she felt in Larcade's arms, and Larcade enjoying having her back after all those years.