Chapter 5

Darkness, it was all they could see, a pitch black void that appeared to be infinite, and yet, there was no doubt nor unsafe feeling rounding their mind. A few seconds latter it was all over, a bright light hit their eyes and a fresh scent filled their noses, the three girls had to take a few seconds for their senses to come back just to find out that they were in the forest just a few kilometers away from the academy.

Come on, let's go” Said Larcade walking into the forest like nothing, he was soon followed by Asia and Xenovia.

Wha... Why are we here?” Questioned Irina, being apparently the only one with questions.

Well, this is the last place in which they would search for us” It was the only answer, they kept walking for a few more minutes until they found a pretty convenient house/cabin made completely out of wood. The three girls stood still to admire the beauty of the house/cabin while Larcade approached to the door Are you coming or what?” He asked the girls.

Larcade, what are you doing?!” Asked Asia, he was breaking into the house of God knows who.

Don't worry, it's mine... Well, technically” He said while he was entering, with no options left, the three girls followed him into the house.

How can you say this is yours?” Questioned Xenovia trying to bring some sense to the situation We've only been here for a day!

Well, it's from my mom actually” Answered Larcade truthfully.

Wait, I thought you were an orphan” This time Irina intervened.

Yeah, after the incident in the Vatican they send me away to "bend to the will of God", in other words, to break my spirit, there's when I found her, well, we found each other, when asked me to leave with her, but something told me my future was in the church” Truth could be heard in the first part of his confession, but the last part... It had something strange in it Well, long story short, she told me she had multiple houses/cabins like this in the world, an that they would be always my home, and don't worry if you're thinking that they will find us, this houses are protected by some kind of illusion magic, mom's area of expertise”

Well, it's pretty convenient that one of her houses is in this city, specifically being close to the Academy” Commented Xenovia not buying the whole story.

Don't break your head trying to understand it, she has a house almost in every city of Japan” Commented Larcade, but again, his tone was odd.

Where's your mom anyway?” Asked Asia being quite curious.

I don't know, she's probably in Tokyo or Kyoto, but she may be here in two or three daysStill his voice had an odd tone, like if he was lying Well, let's go and see the condition of our momentary home”

With that said, the four teenagers began the exploring of the house, it was clearly planned for a normal family, having one master bedroom, and two individuals, a kitchen with food that seem surprisingly edible, a dinning room with four chairs and a living room with a sofa and a coffee table, it wasn't fancy nor elegant, but it was nice. When they have finished, they all reunited in the living room, hundred of questions roaming the minds of the three girls, but before any of them could say anything, their stomachs began to make noises, clearly pointing out the fact that they haven't eaten anything since the day before.

Well, I suppose it's time to eat” Commented Larcade walking to the kitchen and began to collect the ingredients to prepare some food.