Fifty (50) - Under The Moonlight

Começar do início

The bald-man also mentioned about the plague that spread in Shiganshina and how Grisha Yeager became the hero of the town, he told them about how he became the commander.

Just days after his promotion,

Shadis was invited by Grisha and Carla's wedding. From the on, Shadks didn't come to see his close friend and the woman he used to like, anymore.

He just focused on his job as the new commander of the survey corps.

Shadis mentioned one time when he neglected Erwin's suggestion for their next expedition, the long-distance enemy scouting formation, but because od his inferiority complex...

he didn't take Erwin's suggestion.

People started bad-mouthing him and praised Erwin and Erwin's squad.

The bald-man also told them about his last meeting with Carla, and that was aslo the first after a few years.

That time, Carla had already given birth to Eren, and it was also that time that Shadis met Eren Yeager.

It wasn't a good meeting,

Since Carla said things that Shadis didn't like, he became rude towards Eren's mother, that he ended up insulting the beautiful woman.

"That's right. Average men aren't able to accomplish anything. Special people fo exist. It's just that...I wasn't one of them. But I had to lead so many of my comrades to their deaths before I was able to figure that out. How could I have done this?"

Shadis took more of his mission as the commander of the survey corps, until one day, he got so tired and guilty of all the deaths he caused that he asked Erwin to become the new commander, and that day was the same day wall Maria was breached.

"All I could ever do was get swept along with the crowd. What caused me to overestimate myself so badly?"

Shadis said that he met Grisha five years ago, when the people of wall Maria are in chaos of evacuating.

"Oh...now I remember...it was you."

It was Grisha who made him believe in himself too much. It was Grisha Who made him feel that he's special.

Shadis helped Grisha to look for his family, but to their surprised, it was only Eren and Mikasa they found.

Eren then told them that Carla got eaten by a titan, which Shadis still regret a lot about, because all he said in his last meeting with the woman was rude words. Pure angry, insults.

Shadis said that Grisha brought Eren to a forest, but before that, Grisha told Eren that he should avenge his mother, and Shadis asked why not Grisha do it? After all, he's special.

Not like him.

Shadis doubted Eren.

Thinking what if Eren's different? What is Eren's not the chosen? Is Grisha going to curse yet another person? What is Eren going to do? What if Eren doesn't turn out to be the person Grisha expects him to be?

"This child isn't like you. He's my son. Please, I beg you...don't get involved."

That was Grisha told Shadis to all his questions and doubts about Eren.

Shadis stayed out of Grisha and Eren's business that day, though he said that he saw a thunder from afar.

So he went inside the forest to look for the two. And all he saw was Eren, lying on the ground and unconscious.

"So I put you back in bed. That's all I know." Shadis said. Everyone stared at Keith Shadis with a surprised look, genuinely surprised to everything that he had just said about himself.