29-Rooftop kisses

Start from the beginning

"What is it?"

"It's some form of artificial intelligence. I want to apply this to the legion program. I envision a suit of armor around the world."

"Why?" I asked leaning against the glass wall.

"This vulnerable blue planet needs protection. Best case scenario, what if the world was safe? What if the next time aliens roll up the the club and they will, they couldn't get past the bouncer?"

"That sounds... like a dream, but we can't just strike out and do this without telling the team."

"I don't wanna have a city council debate on it. The world needs this."

"It's-"

"If I do this there will be more time for us. All of us could finally settle down and figure out what life we'll get to have. Peace in our time, can you imagine that? I can, and it's beautiful."

"I don't know what to say."

"Say you want that. Say you'll support me in trying to make a safe world for us to live in." He said getting close placing his hands on either side of the glass behind my head.

"I support you, and I really want that to be our reality- but it's such a big decision we should think about this more."

"Three days- give me three days to test some stuff out and see if it'll even work."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "two days and you have to at least tell one other person on the team."

"Deal," Tony whispered his gaze switching from my eyes to my lips which made me smile. I rolled my eyes again and without waiting another moment I kissed him hard and quick. Then I ducked under his arm and walked around him.

"Too slow," I said winking at him over my shoulder as I left the room.

-

After I left I found Peter sitting on the couch. "Hey P," I said sitting next to him.

"Hey A,"

"Are you too tired to take me swinging?" I asked with an innocent smile.

"I'm never too tired for that." He said quickly jumping up, "just let me get my suit."

I watched as he stumbled out of the living room with a smile. Soon he came back practically bouncing in excitement. He didn't wait he just scooped me up and jumped off the balcony. The wind once again too my breath away but I was smiling.

We swang around for a while but Peter got tired so he landed on the roof of a building and sat down with me in his lap. Chuckling from the adrenaline high I took off his mask for him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you,"

He blushed smiled really big before pulling me closer to his chest. "You don't have to thank me. There's something that I've been wanting to talk to you about." I smile at him trying to put him at ease a little. "We haven't exactly gotten to be alone very often."

"I know-I'm sorry."

"No-no you don't have to be sorry I just." He fumbled around and pulled out a box, "I just wanted to give you something." He handed it to me as I opened it he started rambling as I stared at the beautiful charm bracelet, "it's not much but I thought it'd be nice for you to have. I added a spider to represent me and the others can get a charm to put on there to represent them so that you'll always have us. I know you don't like to show your marks so I thought. You know-"

I cut him off by kissing him, passionately. I pulled away after a moment, "I love it." I kissed him again, "I'm so lucky to have you." And again I kissed him but this time I didn't stop and either did he. He held me close with one hand on my waist and another on my cheek while my hands were holding either side of his face.

The world around us dissolved and it was only me and him on that roof top kissing for the first time. "You're amazing," he whispered against my lips as we gasped for air. I laughed kissed him one more time then pulled him in for a long hug.

We stayed there all night laying on our backs with our feet hanging off the edge of the roof and my head resting on his chest. We softly talked for a while but since I was so relaxed I fell asleep in his arms while he rubbed my back.

The sun unfortunately woke us up not too long after we fell asleep. I reached up and held peters hand while we watched the sun come up for a while but soon he declared we had to go back. "Ughhh, can't we just stay here?" I asked hiding my face in his neck.

"Noooo, A, we have to go back before everyone thinks I kidnapped you."

"I'd be okay if you decided to kidnap me," I said kissing his neck.

"Come on, A," he said breathing heavily that only encouraged me. I smirked against his skin and kissed and sucked harder. He started panting, "Ava," he moaned my name turning me on even more so I rolled on top of him to straddle his hips.

He began to sit up a little but I placed a hand on his chest pushing him back down. Leaning over him I kissed him deeply, then pulled back and leaned into his ear and whispered, "are you sure you want to go back?"

"Maybe- no- no we've got to go." He shook his head vehemently then surprising me he flipped us over so that he was now on top. "After this." Then he did the same to me he kissed me over and over again soon trailing down to my neck.

"Peter, please." I said breathing heavy exactly as he was just a moment ago.

Then he leaned up and whispered to me making me shutter, "you are trouble, my little soulmate."

I gasped, "I am not little."

He gave me an incurious look and jumped up holding out a hand to help me stand. "I don't want to go back." I stood looking into his now soft brown eyes and bit my lip anxiously.

Peter reached up and pulled my lip free leaving his hand on my cheek, "I know you're scared of all this, but... doesn't it feel right? Cause I feels like fate to me."

"It- it feels amazing and I feel so lucky to have you. To have all of you is a dream, but" I let out a deep sigh and finally admitted something I hadn't told anyone, "my mother died in a car wreck. I almost died with her, but I survived and my father he lived without his soulmate. It turned him into a monster. He is a cold and unforgiving drunk who hated me for simply surviving. Every day I saw what losing his mate did to him and how he treated me, and I promised myself that I'd never let anyone turn me into that." I wiped away a tear that fell down my cheek. "I hate to say this but I never wanted to meet my mates because I thought it'd be safer for everyone. If one of us dies who's to say we won't turn out like him?"

Peter lifted my chin to look him in the eyes, "i understand, my uncle Ben died and my aunt May went through a lot after losing her mate. She almost lost herself, but she eventually turned it around. She reminded herself that Ben would've wanted her to live and be happy. If we ever die, any of us, then we'll have each other to remind each other to stay sane and good." He smiled softly wiping my tears away, "maybe that's why we're such a big group. So we can keep each other in check."

I chuckled and that, "maybe," I leaned up and kissed Peter softly one more time. "I'm trying not to be so scared."

"That's all I ask." He whispered then brightened up, "besides if you can sleep peacefully while practically tangling from a roof top you can do anything."

"That's not how that works." I said laughing at him but he didn't falter as he pulled me close and wrapped my arms around his neck with my legs around his waist like a koala.

"Ready?"

"I guess," I squeezed closer to him as he jumped off the roof and we were on our way.