Electric Love

It was a cozy Friday evening. I had walked to his house after school and we were now just cuddling in his bed, me in between his legs and leaning back on his chest. We were aimlessly scrolling through Tiktoks and watching them when an unprovoked tapping noise averted my attention from the phone in his hand to his window.

'Oh my god!' I exclaimed excitedly, leaping out of his grasp to race towards the window.
'What?! What happened?' he looked at me worriedly.
'It's pouring down!' I jumped up and down and turned to him 'please can we go outside? I love the rain so much!'.
'But we'll get soaked' he pointedly replied 'and you have no spare clothes' he added.

I just stared at him whilst he stared back then I suddenly sprinted out of his room and down the stairs. Swinging his front door open, I was greeted with the familiar tingly feeling as a myriad of raindrops fell onto my face, providing me with a rush of serotonin. I laughed and twirled around repeatedly, with my eyes closed, enjoying the freeing feeling; my favourite feeling. Hearing the door close, I open my eyes to see him smiling at me.

'You're crazy' he fondly remarked. I just grinned at him and carried on.
'We should make a tiktok to remember this' he suggested.
'That's actually a cute idea, let me find a good sound'. Carefully I pulled my phone put, it already being wet from the numerous amounts of rain pounding onto it. I scrolled until I reached one.

And every night my mind is running around her. Thunder's getting louder and louder. Perfect.

'Found one!' I practically yelled over the noise of the rain crashing to the ground. I started a timer and propped it by his door, walking backwards to prpare myself. The song started and I started twirling whilst he just watched me.

Baby you're like lightening in a bottle, I can't let you go now that I got it.

'Dance with me!' I laughed whilst still twirling.
'Okay' he obeyed. He grabbed my hand, chuckling, and spun me into him, then out.

And all I need is to be struck by...

He spun me into him again but this time gripped my thigh and reached his arm around me so he was able to dip me.

You're electric love.

On the beat he leaned in and kissed me. What once was a serotonin burst is now a whole firework display. Words could not describe the feeling of utter joy and love I felt in the moment.

He pulled me back up and grinned widely. 'How's that for a tiktok huh?' He chuckled.
'Shut up' I smiled with a pink tint on my cheeks. I raced over to the phone which was replaying the sound over and over. We watched it back, smiling the whole time.

'Okay can we go inside now, I'm really cold and wet' I asked after posting it.
'What did I tell you?' he sighed.
'Worth it' I looked over at him with a smile, which quickly disappeared 'I don't have any clothes'.

He rolled his eyes fondly whilst opening the door for me. 'You can borrow mine'. I smirked to myself as i skipped through the door happily, knowing that he would not be getting these clothes back anytime soon.

Drown me, you make my heart beat like the rain.