The Happiest Place on Earth

Umm idk just wanted an excuse to write abt Thriller era.. hope yall like it.

this is fluff btw. not boutta have them bumping n grinding in the park cause that's nasty

i took a lot of inspiration from louisllama58 and their imagines, specifically the Baby Be Mine chapter, so shout out to them!

Walt Disney World, Florida, Late July 1985

*Michael's POV*

Y/N and I ran through the park towards the next ride she wanted to get on, smiles painted on both of our faces. The sun was starting to set and everything looked so magical.

Our trip to Disney had been planned around the recent release and success of "We Are the World" and the fact that a Tinkerbell attraction had recently been added earlier in the month. Everyone wanted to see it, myself more than anyone else who was on the project, though. I had proposed going on a group trip, and luck would have it that something as exciting as this would come up when we decided where to go.

Almost everyone who worked on the project such as Diana, my sisters and brothers, Quincy, Lionel, Smokey Robinson, and many others came on the trip. A lot of people also brought along a few family members and friends who wanted to meet those of us who were famous. Personally, I brought along my best friend Y/N and Mother. It was very sweet and also kind of humorous watching Y/N and some of my dear friends' family members freak out over meeting us who were considered celebrities.

Everyone had chipped in to pay for the trip, and now we were all reaping the benefits, living it up in Magic Kingdom. Y/N was excited as ever, screaming into the phone when I called her asking to come.

"Michael are you serious?!?" she had excitedly asked, and when I responded that everything was true she killed my ears with a screech of happiness. "EEEEEE Michael this is totally tubular!!"

(A/N.. I'm sorry for "totally tubular" 💀💀)

I giggled at the memory, receiving a funny look from Y/N as she dragged me across the park to our next ride, which was Space Mountain.

"Thank you again, Michael, I'm so excited to be here!"

"Don't mention it girl, I'm just as happy." She smiled brightly at me as we entered the building where the roller coaster was at.

We sat down, her in the front and me in the seat behind her, the other two left empty. I signaled for the attendant to start the ride, and we blasted off, screaming and giggling in excitement. My head was whipped around wildly as we went upside down and over loops in a matter of seconds, all in the dark.

Once the ride finally slowed down we slowly got off, slightly dizzy. I checked my watch once I could see again, and it was seven twenty-three, an hour and a half til the firework show. That's where I wanted to tell Diana how I felt about her. I was madly in love with her at this point, and though she was engaged I needed to take my chance.

"Let's go get something to eat, all this screaming has me starving," she told me while directly looking into my eyes before grabbing my hand. For some reason, I got tingles at the contact but I tried to shake away the feeling. It was Diana I wanted, not Y/N, even though I always got butterflies when she was around and when she touches me I feel- No Michael! She's your best friend, and she already told you she was interested in Marlon.

"Ye-Yeah, let's go. What would you like to eat?"

"Uhhhh.." her beautiful eyes scanned the area before settling on one specific building. "Let's go there. Starlight Cafe."