Chapter 3

Y/N POV;

  As I was walking to Walkers house I was silently trying to come up with ways to convince my siblings that I don't kiss anybody in The Adam Project, which was unrealisticly hard. Before I knew it I was at Walkers, I guess I kept my mind so focused on "the kiss" task that the journey passed by.

I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before I heard footsteps come to open it.

"Heyy!" Walkers older sister Leena exclaimed. Leena and I have been close ever since me and Walker became best friends, she's kinda like an older sister, but one that actually lives near.

"Hi!" I replied back matching her energy as I walked into the house.

"Walker" She called up the stairs "Y/N's here!"

"Tell her to come up" He shouted back down

I smiled as I jogged up the stairs.

"Are you decent?" I asked as I started to open the door to his room.

"Yup" He replied "How come you're here so early?"

"My siblings are annoying" 

"Didn't they just get home?" He laughed

"Unfortunatly yes" I told him "Which means I'll be dealing with all of them up until Christmas eve and some until the 26th" I whined

Walker laughed and we sat down on his bed watching Tiktoks and chatting for a while

"Walker, Y/N , time to go!" His mom called up the stairs, I grabbed my water and hoodie that I had previously taken off.

"Shit" I heard Walker cuss behind me

"What?" I asked him

"I don't have my track top" He began to panic running around the room"

"Jesus, C'mon Walker" I complained starting to help him root through his clothes.

"Here!" I exclaimed in success waving the tank top in the air

"Oh my God thank you" Walker grabbed the tank and quickly ripped off his Spiderman t-shirt whilst I grabbed his hoodie. We raced down the stairs trying not to trip and fall and ran out to his car, panting we buckled ourselves in.

"Finally, you took long enough" His mom put away her phone and turned the car on.

"I couldn't find my top" Walker panted

"Of course you couldn't" His mom mocked.

           T I M E  S K I P           

Walker and I hopped out of the car and thanked his mom for the lift, he ran over to our coach Mark and dropped our bottles on the ground before going off to warm up with some jogs over and back.

"Ok everybody in" Marked called out and signaled for us to come over to him "How we doing guys excited for Christmas?" 

There was a series of ' Yeahs' and 'yesses'

"Alright" He nodded " Now we were only told today but we have one more comp, before the 4 weeks break, we're only allowed to bring a panel of 12 people, so we'll be picking today, this is a state championship, so I expect if you're picked you'll be on your best behaviour or you're not competing. Do I make myself clear?" He asked

"Yes" We all replied

" Good, now enough of this serious stuff lets start with hurdling"

      LIZZIE POV;

After a while of catching up it got kind of boring, so I started to wonder when Y/N  would be back as she is normally able to talk for ages whilst keeping people entertained.

"Hey, when's Y/N's track and field over?" I asked coming back from being in a daze

"In about 15 minutes" Dad replied not looking up from the newspaper

"Can we pick her up?" Ashley asked almost like she was reading my mind

"Sure I'll send her a text and tell Walkers parents not to pick her up" Mom agreed taking out her phone. "You guys should probably head now though, its about a 15 minute drive there.

"Alright" I said standing up and putting on my shoes

Ashley and Trent both came to pick her up with me, the traffic wasn't very bad so we got there in about 10 minutes, we stayed in the car whilst watching Y/N and the rest of them race. Within the last 2 or 3 minutes all the kids had bunched around their coach. The coach started to call out what I assume to be names and the kids started to clap for whoever was called out. Next called out was Y/N's friend Walker. He stepped forward and everybody started clapping, next was an older looking girl, maybe 14? Next Y/N's name was called out she stepped forward and stood beside Walker. About 4 more people were called out before the training ended. Y/N walked out of the field, taking to another girl along with Walker, after they picked up their stuff, they said their goodbyes and walked in the directions of their cars. Since we were parked kind of far away Ashley got out of the car and headed over to her.

 They greeted one another with a smile before getting into the car.

"What was all the clapping about?" I asked looking into the mirror whilst reversing out

"Oh they were picking the panel for the State Championship"

"And you got on!?" Trent asked overly excited

"Yeah" Y/N smiled

"Y/N that's great!" I exclaimed proud of my little sister

"Yeah" She let out a tired laugh

"I think somebody's tired" Ashley teased, as Y/N yawned and rested her head on the window.

A/N I am soooo so sorry for not uploading this on time :( I sent out a notice that it would be out on Monday instead of Sunday but I forgot to update it, but atleast its a longer Chapter this time. Any suggestions for future chapters??