13. We Meet At Last

Começar do início

When he got there, though, the disturbance looked like it had been handled. But by who? With what?

As if on cue, someone landed in front of Peter - yes, landed, as in they jumped down from a building and landed in front of him. Peter didn't actually clock who it was for a while. The superhero had a skintight suit on, with a waist cape and headpiece.

Suddenly, Peter shook himself out of his daze. Holy Shit! That's...that's Aura! Peter then proceeded to enter another daze - this time a starstruck one.

"Little late Spider, I already took care of them," she said, and although Peter couldn't see her face, he instantly blushed.

Keep it together Parker!

"I-I was coming over from the other side of town, so I-It took a little longer," Peter was thankful that he was wearing a mask, otherwise Aura would have been able to see the embarrassment plastered on his face.

"I don't believe we've officially met, I'm Aura," she said, holding her hand out for Peter to shake.

"Spiderman," Peter shook her hand for a little longer than he thought he should have, but luckily she didn't seem to notice.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" She asked.

Peter's eyes widened and he let out a tentative, "...sure."

"Great! Follow me, I know a place."

Seeing Aura lift herself up with her powers was even cooler in person, and while watching her in awe, Peter almost forgot that he was supposed to follow her.

—————

They arrived at the top of an office building. It had to have been at least 40 floors high and the view was incredible. Peter stared out across the skyline and could see the Empire State Building and Statue of Liberty all at once.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" Peter looked at Aura who was standing next to him, also admiring the scene in front of them, "this is one of my favourite places to come when I'm patrolling. It's so high up, all the noise just, kind of, fades away."

"It's peaceful," Peter agreed.

Aura hummed in response.

They were silent for a few minutes until Peter decided to break the silence, "So...what were you doing in Queens? I've never seen you patrolling around there."

"Uh, I switched from my old patrol route. Guess we'll be seeing more of each other," as she said that, a smile spread across Peter's face and he was once again grateful for his mask.

Before he could stop himself, Peter began rambling, "Can I just say, I'm a huge fan of you. I think you're amazing! And you're so powerful and- and strong and pretty- I didn't mean pretty! I- not that you're not pretty, I mean you are, just that that's not your only quality. Plus I can't actually see what you look like- not that you would be ugly, but- and not that being ugly is a bad thing. But I-I would never consider a girl - a woman - to be ugly anyway because that's diminishing and degrading to all women. But I'm sure you are pre-"

"Let me just stop you, right there," Aura said and Peter cringed at his outburst.

You are such an idiot Peter! She's gonna think you're so weird and she's probably gonna tell the other Avengers! What is wrong with you?!

"I'm sorry," Peter quickly said in an attempt to recover from his less than dignified actions. "I've never talked to a superhero before, so I got excited."

"Aren't you a superhero?" She asked questioningly.

"Well...Yeah, but I've never spoken to another one before."