Forty-Nine (49) - Vulnerable

Start from the beginning

Historia stared at Eren.

She noticed the different look on Eren that still shouts the pain of being betrayed by the four people they treated as their own friends. Reiner, Bertolt, Annie even Ymir...

Historia looked down.

"What do you want to do? What's going to happen if you ever meet Reiner and Bertolt again...?"

Eren remained silent for a while, his eyes darkened with a hint of sadness. "I...have to kill them." Eren said.

"...You want to kill them?"

Eren looked down. "I...have to."

The two went silent as they continued walking towards the orphanage.

"I hope we figure it out soon...why this world turned out like this...I can't regret...turning down the first king's power...the children from the under-ground have started to smile recently. What we're doing here can't be wrong." Historia said, smiling while staring at the happy children.

Eren looked at the kids, too.

"...Yeah."

The green-eyed boy looked at Historia. "You're amazing."

Historia smiled, she looked down as her cheeks became red. "...Not at all."

"Even though you were saying that humanity should just go to hell that day in the cave." Eren said.

Historia frowned as she looked at Eren with an obvious embarrassed look. "I-I just got a little carried away then, that's all..." Historia said.

Historia and Eren stopped when Mikasa's suddenly in front of them. The young raven-haired lady has an unexplainable stoic look on her face.

Historia stiffened on her place, while Eren stared at Mikasa with a confused look. "What's wrong?" Eren asked.

"Gimme that." Mikasa said then she took the three sack that Eren's carrying and put it over her shoulder.

"Hey, wait..."

"You're tired from training." Mikasa said.

"Of course...sorry, Mikasa." Histori said, scared that Mikasa might be mad at her for making Eren work.

Eren frowned and tried to get the sacks he was carrying from Mikasa. "Stop treating me like some old man!"

--

For the crime of putting their own self-interest abive all and threatrning the existence of the human race...the military righteously and mercilessly punished those of the old order.

Political families and those related to them had their titles revoled and were sent to detention facilities scattered across the land. As for the remaining aristocracy, different levels of taxation were set for those wgo cooperated with the military and those who opposed them, preventing from joining together.

These purges displaced even more central figures in human society than had died in the rebellion...but much was gained in return.

Some inside the interior military police, which had been ordred to wipe ouy the signs of technological innovation...had in fact preserved research records in secret, opening the door to nrw and better weapons.

The shining stones in the cavern beneath the Reiss family grounds, supposedly creates by titans...were distributed to the people to provide limitless energy. With manufacturing areas lit both day and night, productivity improved.

And the hardening power Eren gained...promised not only to block Shiganshina's district's ruined gate...it also gave birth to a certain anti-titan weapon.