xxv.

𑁍

ESMERALDA stared at herself in the mirror.

Her lower lip quivered, but she stopped herself before any tears could fall. She wanted to stay home, and not watch the love of her life propose to someone else. But Silas has something planned for her. She didn't know what it was, but it was something.

It took her a while to convince her parents into letting her go. They took a while but eventually agreed to let her go. They were also going, including her two older brothers, Grayson and Aiden.

They had been by Esme's side ever since the beginning. They were also the only ones who knew about her secret visits for the past ten years. It was hard for them to see their little sister go through all of the pain and chaos she was going through now.

All they heard when they passed her room at night were her painful sobs, and the sounds of her breaking things in her room.

They wanted to fix her problem, and let her be happy.

Esme inhaled a huge breath before exhaling.

You can't cry. Not today. You can't ruin his special day.

The word "special day" rang throughout her mind, making a small tear slip through her eyes, she immediately grabbed a tissue and dapped it away. It didn't matter if she was wearing waterproof makeup. She just wouldn't cry, she can't.

She looks over her outfit and sighs.

Her hair was split into two french braids at the top, which all came together in a beautiful bun, tiny stars were clipped on the bun itself, and her heart broke a little, knowing those were the star clips Silas had gotten her. No one knew though.

She wore a black dress, which was skin tight, and hugged her body perfectly, it ended a little above her knees, and it was strapless, and she wore simple black heels. She wore her family ring on her middle finger, on her right hand. Simple gold studs in her other piercings. She wore a small gold locket around her necklace, which had a picture of her and Silas in it. She was wearing it tonight, and it didn't matter what anyone else thought because no one else would know who it was from.

She exits her room and walks down the stairs. Her parents notice her first, as she walks down the stairs. She delicately carries herself, it was like the whole world was made of thin glass, and one wrong step could shatter everything around her.

Her parents watch her, her face was void of any emotion. But they knew she was upset. They knew how upset she was with them. How much she hated them. But they said nothing to her, as she walked out the door with her own bodyguard following her.

Esme's brothers brushed past their parents and headed out the door too. Soon, their parents also headed out the door, ready for the extremely eventful night ahead of them.

𑁍

EVERYONE did their job.

Paparazzi took pictures of everyone walking in from afar. The news reporters desperately tried to shove microphones into peoples' faces, asking them an obnoxiously long list of questions. Photographers on the other hand, gracefully took everyone's pictures as they walked in.

Esmeralda hated all of it.

She never liked this level of attention when it was this intense. She hated everyone and everything watching her every move. She hated people shoving their microphones and cameras in her face. But she remained graceful throughout the entire process.