——

Zuko walked behind the gang as they made their way to the small town that looked ran down and sketchy. Katara and Sokka made faces at each other unsure as Aang looked disappointed.

"Must've changed ownership since I was here," Aang gulped and walked in anyways.

They walked through seeing the ice spring dried where it use to be but some actual ice still lingered for animals to lick. Sand benders stood around against the building the teens walked too. Zuko sent them a small glare as he stayed behind the others, there was something disturbing about the sand benders.

One spit at sokkas foot as the oldest was shocked and balled up his fists getting mad but Zuko put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him inside.

"Don't," he whispered as Katara looked back at the boys confused holding the door open for them.

The building they walked in was a pub full of drunks and sleeping tourists. The bartender made a drink with his swords and sliced fruit and mixed it to make it a drink in an ice bowl for a man.

"I don't see anything wrong with wanting one of those cold fruity beverages," Sokka was impressed and practically ran to the bar.

"Excuse me," Sokka got to the bar as the others followed but the man with the fruity drink accidentally bumped into Aang and lost his beverage.

"Oh my apologies!" The man gasped.

"No worries I clean up easily," Aang smiled and bended air to dry his clothes immediately.

"Your a living relic," the man's jaw dropped in awe.

"Thanks, I try," Aang didn't really understand.

"An air nomad right in front of me," he looked at Aang up and down baffled.

"Professor zei, head of anthropology at ba sing se university," he bowed to the avatar and Zuko set a silver piece on the counter and the bartender got him a cold drink that reminded him of his commander.

Sokka squealed when the bartender started to make his fruity drink.

"Guys there's some guy interested in Aang," Katara whispered standing by Zuko.

"Aangs a lucky guy," Zuko swirled the bourbon a little watching the dark liquid.

"Stop it, I just hope it's not some creep," Katara elbowed him a little as the two looked over seeing the professor measuring aangs head.

"Does this happen often?" Zuko blinked disturbed.

"He gets fan girls but not like this," she mumbled and looked at zukos drink.

"Want some?" He noticed her. He offered the drink and Katara took a small sip and immediately wished she could spit it out.

"Why do you have that? That's horrible!" She gasped in disgust.

"I don't like drinking it, my commander does though," it made Zuko smile a little seeing her reaction, it was amusing.

"Why do you have it then?" Katara gagged and Zuko put down another coin to get her a fruit drink to help.

"Anything with berries," Zuko told the bartender. "And I just like the smell of it,"

"Are you... are you home sick?" Katara asked softly as he didn't look at her.

"I guess," he shrugged.

Katara felt sympathy for him, he was a kid like them, she tried to imagine being in his shoes but she had no idea what it would be like being in the fire nation army.

"I wasn't this sad when I joined the army, I felt like I belonged somewhere with my troops after a while, it's just weird now," Zuko tried to explain and he sipped the alcoholic drink.

"First day I joined, this is was my commander gave me, he knew more about me than anyone else did," he gulped a little and offered the drink to Katara again. She took it and tried the drink once more, she made a face not liking it but was prepared.

"My dad had something like this too, he started to make it a week before a hunt with the other men in my village, it keeps them warm," Katara pursed her lips a little.

"He tried to offer some to Sokka but my brother couldn't stand the smell of it, I tried it once when they left it out when they were packing for the hunt, it was horrible," she smiled up at him and Zuko looked impressed. 

"Where I'm from they had more wine than bourbon, I hate wine even more than bourbon, it's to bitter," Zuko nodded as they shared the bourbon.

"I feel like we're a little young to drink this," Katara stuck out her tongue.

"It's not a lot, this will wash it down," Zuko scooted the fruit drink to her and she smiled a little at that. They looked back to make sure Aang wasn't being harassed still. Now Sokka was with them as they all were looking at a map with Toph sitting in a chair minding her business.

"What no fire nation? What can I do to get a good look at that place," Sokka whined as the two joined them.

"Have you tried surrendering?" Zuko mumbled.

"Looks like you've made a few trips to the desert," Katara looked over her brothers shoulder.

"All in vain I'm afraid, I've found lost civilizations all over the earth kingdom, but I haven't managed to find the crown jewel, wan chi tongs library," zei told her disappointed.

"You've spent years walking through a desert to find a library?" Toph sipped through a straw for her own fruity drink as Zuko joined her.

"This library is more valuable than gold little lady, it is said to contain a vast collection of knowledge, and knowledge is priceless," the professor told her as Zuko tried her drink.

"Sounds like a good time," Toph said flatly taking her drink back.

"Oh it is, according to legend it was built by the great Knowledge spirit wan chi tong with the help of his foxy knowledge seekers," zei explained to the children as they listened.

"Oh so this spirit has attractive assistants Huh?" Sokka smiled at the thought of the spirits.

"I think he means actual foxes Sokka," Katara pushed his head away.

"Your both right, handsome little creatures, wan chi tong and his seekers collected books from all over the world and put them on display for mankind to read so that we might better ourselves," zei pulled out a blue print of a building that could easily be mistaken for a palace and put it out for them to see.

"If this place has books from all over the world do you think they've got info on the fire nation?" Sokka asked curiously for the mission. "A map maybe?"

"I wouldn't know, but if such a thing exists, it's in wan chi tongs library," zei nodded.

"Then it's settled, Aang I do believe it's my turn," Sokka grinned mischievously turning to the group.

"I'd like to spend my vacation at the library!" He declared dramatically.

"Uh hey, what about me? When do I get to pick?" Toph raised her hand.

"You gotta work here a little longer before your qualified for vacation time," Sokka crossed his arms and she huffed a small growl.