Part 7

Part 7- Quiet

He came in late night but he brought the momos nevertheless. Imlie thanked him for being generous on her . She gobbled it down literally whereas Aryan looked at her with that gross look.
"Tum rakshash ho"
"Ha hoon" wiping her face.
"Kya hua case ka?" She asked
"Well doing some research on his background, by the way i got assigned new partner . She got transferred from Delhi - name is Priti."
"Wait what!? Aise kaisi am just recovering! I have not left the work!" She shouted
Aryan closed his ears, "Meri ma let me finish!! She is temporary partner until you get back" Imlie felt relieved hearing that.
"Cool" she said and got up slowly Aryan tried to help but she stopped him. "I want to do myself" she got up slowly and went to her bedroom but before going she kissed his cheeks, "Thank you for the momos" and with that she retreated to the bedroom. Aryan stood there touching his cheeks, he was taken aback by the gesture.

After two weeks, when Imlie finally went to the office , she met Priti who was beautiful and nice so far. She openly flirted with Aryan which irked Imlie but she didnt pay much attention to it. Aryan seems to enjoy her company too he never looked this happy when he is with her. They always fighting like cats and dogs. Her excitment dipped a little not sure why she is irritated by it. It was temporary anyways. She went to cheif office- "Jai hind Chief"
"Jai Hindi. How are you now?" He asked in fatherly tone
"I am much better sir. Ready to work" she smiled.
"I am glad you are back but you will not be going on field right now you will be doing desk job for while" he said
"But sir, I am fine . I cannot sit anymore please! "
"But Imlie.."
"Sir please"
"But Aryan and Priti still working on the case, i cannot take it away from there. Plus Priti put in request that she wants to be permanent partner with Aryan. That also i wanted to talk about. "
Imlie frowned at that "I dont get it"
"Well Aryan always want to change partners and you never objected and now Priti feels she has built good rapo with him already so.. but i wanted to ask you first" her hands fisted behind her back.
"What did Aryan say" she asked curiously
"Nothing yet . I havent asked him"
"Hmm sir. Then whatever he wants. Jai Hind" she gave her salute and left pissed. She saw them still talking to each other. She knew just how to ruin their moment, "Hey Imlie " as Imlie approached them Aryan called out. "Aryan i forgot to tell you, tumhari chaddiyan dhoke sukha di thi maine" and exited from there. She laughed but was still pissed at the partner situation. She looked back, Aryan was red with embarassment while Priti had awkward face.
"Partner to main hi rahungi gadhe" she said softly.

Aryan caught up with her, "Why did you lie ?" He sounded angry
"Are tumhe naya partner chaye?" She asked
"What?"
"Priti requested to be your permanent partner what you want?" She asked straightforward.
"Um i didnt know that" he asked confused at sudden question.
"Well? you wanted to change right ?"
"No not anymore. Just until this case, after that i want you back. We do cases best together" he said sternly.
"Fine. Thanks" and left him standing at the corridor.

She didnt want to stay at office, she doesnt care about desk job she rather roam around . She went to shopping to ease herself from overthinking. But she couldnt stop thinking about Priti and Aryan. What has gotten into her? Why does it bother her? It never bother when he brings girls home but today everything is irking her. She stopped and went home her mood now completely off.

When Aryan came home, Imlie didnt say anything. Nor she said anything when he ate , when he did anything. Usually she comments something, make fun of him but today she seemed very quiet. He didnt get it maybe she is tired? He went to his bedroom looking at her one more time before he sleeps. Next two days, she kept quiet, she would hmm and would say ok. She didnt fight him, when he said he wants to kill her or anything that could annoy her he didnt get reaction. What has gotten into her?

He went to her, "We have to go hospital for followup" he said
"I am not going" she simply said.
"Well you have to Imlie. Come on" he said
"Bola nai " she said looking at him, her nose flared.
"Kyu? That night when you got shot you said no? Whats with you and hospital? Jo bhi hai tell me on way , we have to go" He grabberd her hand to pull her but she kicked his leg and then tripped him.

"Owww!! You are back !" imlie looked at him like he is stupid. He shook his head.
"Hospital jana hi hoga" he said stubbornly too.
"Nope. I will kick you again this time you know where" she got up and went to her bedroom locking it.