"Yeah."

...

As she started to shift gears, Y/N felt the phone vibrate again.

As they grabbed for it, their mom began to speak again.

...

"How did you do on your finals, sweetie?"

"Really well, actually! I ended the semester with all A's."

"That's good to hear."

...

They looked down at their phone, checking the texts.

Gray❤🛡:
❤❤😚

Y/N:
😚🥰

"You didn't run into any trouble at all, right? None of those kids were bothering you?"

Y/N had almost completely forgotten about that video that Blaise sent out to the school.

That was, until their mother brought it back to mind.

...

"No..." they replied, trailing.

In essence, they just wanted zero reminders of that day, and, plus, Adora was going to be at the museum. They couldn't let that bother them. Not now.

...

...

Their mother saw them put their phone away, stuffing it back into the pant pocket.

"Is that your friend?"

"Uh," Y/N paused for a second, perking up, "Yes! Yeah. That was Adora. Heh..."

Their mother smiled.

...

As she made a turn, they felt the phone vibrate again. It had been a few minutes, and the radio was the only thing that could be heard, apart from the car's engine.

They were still a couple miles away, so, it would take a few more minutes.

As they reached for their phone, their mom spoke up again.

"I noticed that you didn't come back home that one evening. During the fall?"

...

...

Their eyes went wide.

"Could you tell me why?" She continued.

...

Y/N went silent. They knew exactly what she was talking about.

"I... um..."

"It was a fundraiser. I wanted to help out my friends. That's all," they explained, serious.

...

"What did I tell you? Especially when it came to that?"

"I'm sorry mom."

...

"You know how I feel about those kids," she started, Y/N sinking into their seat.

"They're my friends, though," They tried.

"Friends or not, I don't want you involved with that stuff again, is that understood?"

...

They nodded, sighing, "Yes, mom."