t w e n t y - t h r e e

Start from the beginning

I want this, but at the same time, I don't.

At the same time, I want to be able to fall for Ashton fully.

I get off of Luke's bed and grab the letter, walking to my room, taking my phone off my bed and pulling up Ashton's number.

"Ashton?" I ask as the ringing ends.

"Lottie?" He questions in return, his intelligence of me being able to figure out that I was depressed by the way I said his name.

"I need to talk to you."

"Go ahead," he says, completely unaware of what I have to tell him. "I'm listening."

"I can't do this over the phone. I need to be there with you Ashton." I choke out. It's in this moment that I really wish that I didn't have feelings for Ashton, because it would make this moment if breaking his heart so I can be with my stepfather so much easier.

"Do you want me to come over?" He asks me and I nod my head before remembering that he can't see me through the phone.

"Yes please."

"I'll be there in a moment, hang on okay?" He says, before the line ends.

I place my phone back down on my bed and grab the letter, shoving it in my sweatshirt pocket before walking downstairs and going out my front door, sitting on the cold concrete of my driveway.

I wait for only a few moments before the all too familiar sound of a motorcycle comes zooming down my street.

Ashton appears only seconds later, pulling off his helmet, his curls falling all over his face. I smile before my smile falls when I remember why he's here and what I have to do.

I have to tell him that I was unfaithful. I have to tell him that I don't love him, that I could never love him, and that anything and everything between us wasn't real.

Because of Luke.

Because I want Luke. Because I need Luke.

And Ashton was in my way from receiving him fully. To love him all night.

To fuck him until the daylight.

And now, after I break Ashton's heart into a million pieces and shove it down the garbage disposal, I'll be able to.

Call me a bitch if you'd like, but it will be completely worth it.

"What's wrong?" He says as he walks up to me, not even giving me a hug. It's like he already knows just by the look on my face. I never have been a good liar.

I start with the famous and totally cliché words of, "It's not you, it's me."

He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. I'll miss that. I'll miss cuddling with his on the couch, riding on his motorcycle, the cute goodnight texts.

"You know what?!" He gets angry all of a sudden. "I don't even want to know what you did. I can just tell from your body language lately that there's been something that you haven't told me. All the times that you say that you're hanging out with your dad, you were probably doing shit with someone else. So you know what Lottie? It was nice while it lasted. Thanks for what we had for a month."

I'm speechless.

This is so much easier than what I has though I was going to have to do.

"I thought that we had something, but it was obviously all a lie." He sighs, his voice calming down, "So goodbye Lottie. I'll see you in Chemistry."

He walks back to his bike, his head hanging low before looking back at me once, his eyes glassed over with water. He slips back on his helmet before getting on his bike, driving away quickly. I can hear the motor for a few seconds after he drives away before everything turns to silence.

I barely said anything.

I walk back inside, the reality of this all hitting very hard on the short walk back into the heated house.

Aunt Maddie and Luke are sitting on the couch having a heated discussion, but I need Luke right now. He's always been there when I needed him and now was no different.

He was there for me when Michael and I broke up, and he's going to be here for me now that Ashton and I are done.

I walk up to Luke, my arms hugging my body and let tears drip down onto my cheeks.

He sighs at Maddie before standing up and pulling me into a hug, holding me to him tightly.

"It's okay." He whispers so Aunt Maddie couldn't hear. "Daddy's got you. Daddy's gunna take care of you."

(A/N)

Picture is Bailey (right) and I (left). Isn't she pretty? It makes me looks like ten times uglier lol. We're so weird.

So I'm going to be introducing a new character in the next chapter (this guy in my math class who reads this lol) and he's going to be a pretty main character....

So say hi to Brandon...

He's weird.... Like me. Lol.

His Wattpad bc656186(you should go bug him about writing another story, he deleted his last one lol)

Thanks so much for almost 2k followers and for making this story #8 in fanfiction!!! If it gets any bigger, Liz will for sure have my head on a stick!! lol.

Twitter & Instagram- @narrymystoran