f o u r t e e n

f o u r t e e n :

"You sure you don't want me to come in with you and explain?" Ashton asks me as I get off his motorcycle, tapping my foot, knowing that it’s almost midnight.

Oh fuck.

"And explain what Ash?" I ask him, "How we missed my curfew because you were eating me out?" I run my hands through my hair, my once perfect curls, is now a crazy mess.

Ashton grabs my waist and pulls me to him, brushing his lips against mine, moving his hands to my back, rubbing it in a calming motion.

"You sure? I'm here for you babe." He asks, his eyes sparkling gold underneath the street light.

"I'll be fine Ashy." I say, putting my hands on his cheeks, tucking his long hair behind his ears, kissing him on the nose.

"Okay." He says, pecking my lips one more quick time, "I best not keep you here any longer."

"Yeah. I'll see you soon, okay?"

He nods, kissing me long and hard before letting me go.

“Bye Lottie.” He calls to me as I walk to my front door, pulling my key out of my wallet.

“Bye Ash.” I call back, smiling to myself.

I position the key in the lock and slide it in, turning it until I hear the slight click. I hear Ashton’s motor start and I wonder if Luke’s still awake.

I hope not.

I hope that I can just slip inside and go unnoticed. That he will ask me about the date tomorrow, or that he got tired and went to be early. But with Luke, I know that it’s none of those.

With my luck, he’ll being sitting right by the front door, tapping his foot, his phone in his hand. He’ll be ready to pounce on me as soon as I walk in. 

I open the door quietly and to my surprise, Luke isn’t there, and the house is dark. I close the door softly behind me and tiptoe across the wood flooring to the living room, where I expect him to be, but again, he’s not there.

I start to wonder if he really did go to bed. The house is so dark and quiet.

I walk up the stairs, skipping the steps that I know creak, and go to my room, where I can see a dim light shine underneath the door. My lamplight.

Funny, I don’t remember ever turning that on.

Oh fuck.

I walk to my door, and slowly open the door, revealing a naked Luke sleeping on my mattress.