Promises & Misunderstandings 😔

Start from the beginning

Reaching the kitchen, she shrieked when she saw him on the floor, desperately trying to get up but failing every time. "Oh my god! Jace, what happened, baby!? Are you alright?" She inquired as she hooked her arms under his and lifted him up.

"N...nothing, I'm so....sorry, I was just trying to make breakfast but I....I couldn't...." He looked away in embarrassment.

He hated feeling so helpless. Ever since he was a toddler, his uncle, who had no sympathy for weaknesses of any kind, had drilled it into his mind that Jace was expected to earn his pick and that he cannot simply sit and lounge around. Even if he was sick and about to drop unconscious, his uncle would make him cook & clean around the house lest he would be lashed within an inch of his life.

Despite the Normans' best efforts, they were not very successful in getting Jace to accept that he was worth it and that he should stop thinking otherwise.

"Oh Jace, why would you do that? You know the doctor said that you aren't supposed to over exert yourself. If you are hungry, you could've just asked me and I would've made something for you" She chided him, frantically checking for any new injuries.

"I know and I'm sorry, Rie. I was just trying to be useful" He mumbled his reply but Riele heard it.

"Oh baby, you need to stop thinking like that. If you keep hurting yourself in this way, it will take you even longer to recover" Riele said, worry and concern evident in her tone.

"I know, Rie. I'm sorry" Jace apologized, lowering his eyes which was when he noticed what she was wearing.

Swallowing hard, Jace couldn't stop his eyes from roaming her sexy form. He felt the blood in his veins pumping, his heart racing with the way the water droplets fell from her hair onto the top of her breasts, causing a stirring in his pants.

"It's okay, baby...." Riele stopped mid sentence when she saw the way Jace was looking at her, making her realize that she was practically naked in front of him.

Cheeks flushing brightly, Riele instantly let him go and tried to cover herself up with her hands but that only made Jace lose his balance leading him to grip her waist in an effort to steady himself. She let out a tiny squeak as she felt tingles through out her body.

"I...I'm so sorry, Rie. I didn't mean to....." Jace started to apologize but was interrupted by his brother.

"What the hell!?" Jackson exclaimed causing Jace to pull away from Riele but couldn't maintain his balance as Riele's small frame struggled to hold onto his tall one.

Jackson let out a low sarcastic chuckle. "You never change do you?"

"Jackson I...." Jace was once again interrupted by him.

"You know, I assumed you'd at least have the decency to do this sort of things in your bedroom" He shot his brother a disgusted look.

"What...." Riele's eyes widened when she realized what he was talking about. "Oh no! Jackson it's not....that's not what happened! Your brother.....he fell down and I was just helping him" Riele explained.

"Yeah right" Jackson scoffed, not believing one word. He might be only eleven years old but he could easily guess what his brother and his girlfriend were doing. Or so he thought.

"Jackson, I swear we di...."

"Stop it! Just stop it, okay! I'm not in the mood to listen to your ridiculous excuses anymore!" Jackson yelled, shooting him a dirty look as he ran back to his room and slammed the door harshly, tears stinging his eyes.

Both Jace and Riele were quiet for a few moments as Riele helped him over to the couch and arranged the cushions before moving his feet onto the coffee table in the hopes of easing some of his pain.