Past & Present

❤Please VOTE & COMMENT❤

Riele sat on the plane and took a sip of her wine, feeling a little anxious. It was so unlike her father to call her all of a sudden and practically demand that she return home immediately, and that made her worry that something was wrong. On her way to the airport, she tried to call him back but was informed by his personal assistant that he was in a board meeting and that he would meet her when she arrived in New York.

Huffing, she decided to browse through some old pictures on her phone. When she came across the picture of her mom, she couldn't help the tear that had slid down her face. She missed her so much.

It's been more that a decade since she had lost her mother. She could still remember that dreadful day like it was just yesterday....

It was in her sophomore year and she had just returned from cheerleading practice when one of her classmates informed her that her parents are waiting for her in the Principal's office. This made Riele tilt her head in confusion since she knew that her mother had gone on a business trip and wouldn't be coming back for another week, and her dad was always busy with work so he would let her mother deal with all her school stuff.

Upon reaching the Principal's office, Riele knocked on the door and entered. "Good afternoon sir, I....." Riele stopped mid-sentence when she saw her father sitting in one of the chairs and his eyes bloodshot, tears swimming in his eyes.

"Dad?" To say that Riele was surprised to see her father at her school, that too in the middle of the day, was an understatement.

Joseph got to his feet and walked over to his daughter, pulling her in for a tight hug. She could feel his hands shivering a little as he held onto her, trying his best not to breakdown right then and there.

When he let her go, Riele looked up at her father's coutenance in puzzlement. "Dad, what happened? Is everything alright?"

Joseph just shook his head as a few tears rolled down his cheeks. "No, babygirl. You....your mom......" He choked up unable to continue.

"Tell me, dad, what happened to mom? Did something happened to her?" Riele inquired further, dreading his answer.

Joseph tried to speak but the pain in his heart was too much and he couldn't get a word out. He just took his daughter's hand and walked out of the school and into their limo. Riele was perplexed by his actions and so she quietly followed him, her mind overcome with worry.

It was only when they reached home, did she understand what had happened to her mother. Her aunt and uncle sat her down and explained to her that her mom had met with an accident and that she didn't make it. Riele felt as if her whole world came crashing down around her when she heard the news. She looked over at her dad who was sitting on the nearby couch, bawling his eyes out. Seeing her dad looking so distraught, Riele's heart broke. She knew that her mom and dad, though were always so busy with their work, loved each other so much.