☀️confidence tips for this summer!☀️

Feeling self-conscious about your body isn't uncommon, especially in the summer months where revealing clothing (bikinis, crop tops, etc.) are seen and worn a lot more. So how can you feel confident in your body, your appearance, and yourself?

1. Remember that you are your worst critic. Inherently, everyone focuses on themselves and critiques things about what they look like, what they say, and what they do. It's also in human nature to assume that everyone is focusing on us as much as we're focusing on ourselves. It's important to remember that oftentimes, people are too busy judging and feeling insecure about themselves to be judging you.

2. Try to eliminate toxic influences. Social media is full of pictures, advertising the perfect life and the perfect body. The truth is, you can have no way of knowing what really goes on behind the scenes. Remember that everyone struggles with insecurities, and that you're not alone in your battle for confidence. Ignore/avoid any haters or toxic figures in your life who try to make you feel self-conscious about yourself.

3. Do what feels best for you. I'm all about advocating for trying something new: getting out of your comfort zone from time to time, trying new things. But if wearing that top or exposing too much skin makes you feel seriously uncomfortable, you should never feel pressured to do it.

4. Be your own best friend. What do you do when your bestie approaches you, complaining about how awful she thinks she looks in her new outfit? Hype her up, of course! Assure her that she looks absolutely stunning (because she does) and that she does have the confidence to go out there looking as beautiful as she is. Now imagine that you are your own best friend- and encourage yourself whenever you need it.

5. Reverse the spotlight. Instead of walking out the door thinking, "Will they like me? Am I good enough?" turn the attention to them instead. Ask yourself, "Do I really like them? Are they good people?" Because if they're ridiculing your outfit or making fun of the way you look, that's not the kind of people that will help boost your confidence. Find friends who really care about you and support you at all costs.

6. Reach out. Lack of confidence can lead to a number of harmful things, such as eating disorders, suicidal thoughts, desires for self-harm, and more. Never be afraid to reach out to someone you know and trust. Seek professional help if you need to, or just the comfort of a close friend. You might be surprised how much a trusted individual could help you with your confidence.

I hope these tips could help you on your way to becoming the healthiest, happiest version of yourself! You're beautiful, even if you don't live up to society's standards of what a "perfect body" or a "pretty face" should be 💖

-squish , @squishmallow09