they sat in silence once again until the two walked out ten minutes later. jungkook looked much more calm than before, but his nose and eyes were still pink. they sat down on the couch and the maknae muttered something that the rest couldn't hear, except jimin.

"he says that he likes you too, cheol-ah." jimin relayed to him.

mason nodded, took a deep breath and continued what he was going to say earlier. "so, i told yoongi hyung that i don't like him the same way you guys like me, which is true. but, i still adore you guys so much, i've just never felt any type of romantic attraction to you guys or anyone, if i'm being completely honest."

he looked around at his members before speaking again. "which brings me to something i discovered," he had a small smile on his face, "i'm asexual and aromatic."

"you don't feel romantic or sexual attraction towards anyone?" yoongi asked, having all the boys turn towards him and then back to mason who nodded at his words. "you don't like any of us, then."

mason's cheeks and ears started to flush as their eyes focused on him. "yes, but here's the weird part, i guess. i adore you all so much and i-" he hid his face in his crossed arms, ears red. "-want to be with you all, l-like a lot."

they all silently cooed at him. even though mason has very reactive ears, it was very hard to get him flustered like that.

"seunie," namjoon called out, placing a hand on his back. he delicately placed a hand on mason's jaw and raised his head up. "we want to be with you, too." mason looked at the others who all nodded in agreement with what the leader said.

"and we will always accept you for you, okay?" jimin told him, getting a smile out of the younger one.

mason squealed in happiness and collapsed over namjoon with his arms wrapped around his neck, pushing him further into the couch. "hyung, can i kiss you?" after getting a nod from him, mason leaned in and placed his bitten lips on the leader's own, pushing their faces closer together in the process. the rest of the group watched them with pink cheeks until they pulled apart and mason rested his head in the conjunction of namjoon's neck. he whispered something in english, got up off his lap and walked to the front of the room and said one last thing before leaving.

"from my self-reflection, i've realized that you all may not just like me, but everyone in the room. i'll be in the shower and when i come back, i hope i'll hear some good news."

•••

a few hours later...

"jungkook-ah," mason called out once the group dispersed to their own rooms. "can i stay with you tonight?"

jungkook nodded, turning away quickly so his boyfriend - his boyfriend!! - wouldn't see his flushed cheeks. they went to get ready for bed in their own bathrooms and met up in jungkook's room a few minutes later.

they both sat on the bed and tried to avoid eye contact, but miserably failed. laughing at themselves, mason moved and wrapped his arms around the other's neck and pulled them down to lie on the bed properly.

"hi, jungkookie," mason whispered, a small smile present on his face.

jungkook wrapped his arms loosely around the other's waist. "hi, seunie."

"why did you get nervous about telling me that you like me?"

jungkook turned his head down to avoid eye contact with him. "i was worried it would have ruined our friendship if i told you and was rejected. i value our friendship so much and if we were to drift apart because of my feelings, i don't know what i could do with my life."

mason scoffed at his words. "how dumb must I be to reject The Golden Maknae himself?" he pouted out, getting a grin from the younger one. "you're going to be stuck to me forever, jeon jungkookie~." his hold on him tightened, pressing their bodies closer together.

jungkook flushed a bright pink, hoping the low lights were saving his dignity from his boyfriend. "i always want to be with you, seunie."

"me too." jungkook rested his head on mason's own, light pushing him down to his chest with his chin. mason let go of his neck and rested his arms around his torso. "we can talk more in the morning. good night, baby."

"good night seunie."

the next morning...

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU GUYS HAVE A GROUPCHAT WITHOUT ME?"

AUTHORS NOTE ----- tada! this is the finale of 7+1, for now at least! i'm so sorry for making y'all wait so long, but it's done! i love these people so much,, and they are going to be SO CUTE together, all EIGHT of them!! thank you for reading and...

i'm so sorry for making y'all wait so long, but it's done! i love these people so much,,
and they are going to be SO CUTE together, all EIGHT of them!!
thank you for reading and hope everyone is doing well!!

AUTHORS NOTE ----- tada! this is the finale of 7+1, for now at least! i'm so sorry for making y'all wait so long, but it's done! i love these people so much,, and they are going to be SO CUTE together, all EIGHT of them!! thank you for reading and...