Slowly getting the hang of his features, you smiled.

Salutations, cher Gorou.” You said before comfortably holding his hand as he intertwined his fingers with yours.

You are clearly aware of his wariness in you but you placidly played it off, convincing yourself that he'll get used to your presence in the gang and it seems like he's taken the obligation to look after your doings as for Kazuha's orders. You can be given or Itto and Aether who's also present in this event, blending with everyone like the way it should be. But Kazuha, who planned everything beforehand gave you to his consigeliere.

It's either he's still suspicious of you or he wants an easy eye on you with the help of his people.

“Spacing out?” Gorou softly asks, only enough for you to hear when he noticed you looking out of nowhere despite of dancing.

You escaped with your thoughts as you shooked your head with a faint smile, turning your full attention to him instead.

Faint chatters echoed in the place when a sudden power outbreak happened causing for the venue to be embodied in darkness. Gorou let's you go as you silently took your way through the crowd. Though unaware of what's happening in the crowd, you can only hear the host at the stage stating everyone to calm down and it's nothing to be cautious about.

You removed your mask and throwing it somewhere down the crowd and replacing it with the kitsune mask that Gorou handed before you left, that only covers half of your face while heading upstairs while lifting your skirt up with one hand as you ran at the staircase.

Assassins under the Kaedehara's rule has to wear a mask to keep their privacy kept and locked to avoid any exposure from the public and witnesses during the mission. You smiled, tying the mask with a black tassel dangling down at the side with black paterns painted on the mask itself, corresponding colors for different assassins was given to easily identify their identities to their colleagues during missions.

It was a clever idea that the Kaedehara clan has been passing it with the generations for the new heir of the family to keep the kitsune as their seal and proprietorship.

You walked in the vast dark hallway, heels clicking down the porcelain floor, your faint reflection draws down the windows as for the moonlight to strike upon your skin. Pace slow, legs faltering each step. The terrace is somewhere at the end of the hallway after some turns but you can clearly hear voices from men approaching as you walk closer.

Seems like you have no other option but to fight.

And the gown that you're wearing won't even help.

Out of nowhere, the power went going once again lighting the place. Your eyes went wide.

“Already?!” You screamed in your thoughts, it's probably Itto's doing again, you haven't even left the place.

“Intruder!”

Suddenly, the group of men you heard a moment ago was in front of you, pointing a gun. You raised your hands in defeat, pointing out that you're harmless without any weapon against them.

“I was lost, what's with the commotion? Care to accompany me back?” You played out yet it seems like they weren't convinced enough. The guy signalled his colleagues to get you as you stepped back, laughing.

“It seems like this can't be helped.”

You grabbed the disguised pins attached to your hair that was securing your bun all these time which were originally the stilettos you've received, your hair falls loose with flawless wavy curled edges. You positioned yourself before taking no time to throw one of your stilettos exactly at the closes man in your sight as it pierced exactly right into his left eye as he screamed. You scanned the situation as there were five of them, you dropped on the floor, a leg extended forward to kick one of them down to take the chance to grab the stiletto from the man's eye who seems to be hanging in a thread of life by now since blood was pooling everywhere.