PROLOGUE

(前奏曲)

(前奏曲)

Kazuha holds his nape, head tradily moving in a circular motion while sitting on the edge of the bed. Mind all blank and hazy after a slumber. The room was pitch dark, the pale moonlight passes through the thin curtains in the lonesome room. His chest heaves in while he sharply inhales, eyes closed with disobedient strands from his untied hair comes across his face. He switches the lamp on beside the bed to partially light up some areas in the dim room before standing up.

With hostile steps towards the window while swiftly removing his tie, he pushes the ivory curtains both at the opposite sides revealing the city down the building. The long endless narrow surface from below where the road lies down was lit up with city lights and vehicles, moving like tiny fireflies down his sight.

His phone rapidly vibrates against the table yet he ignores it, they can wait, as for his thought despite of feeling a presence outside.

Instead, he turns his back away from the window, tossing his tie on the bed while undoing the buttons of his shirt and stepping inside the shower. The fabric and sleeved top flawlessly glides down his pale skin while he strips, creating a soft thud whilst leaving the clothes on the frigid tiled floor.

He leans on the glass panel, letting the cold water droplets run down his bare figure. Head low, eyes closed and lips slightly apart. Shallow yet soft breathing leaves his lips. Taking a shower with neither any of the lights on takes him to eternal calming silence, somewhere in tranquility. The bathroom was indeed darker than his room without the presence of the lights, obviously because of the enclosed soundproof walls throughout the whole building.

Though taking a brief moment to rest on the bathtub doesn't come in his mind, he's been laying for the rest of the day.

Doing nothing will always be tiring for no sane reason.

Eyes slowly fluttering open, water droplets slipping down his long lashes, he brushes his hair back before doing his thing to prepare for the abiding night for a trip from Hiroshima back to Tokyo that would consume a tedious amount of time. Yet he has a lot of things to do back to Tokyo and to deal with someone stubborn enough who has an early death wish lurking everywhere in this city with him.

After a cold shower, he turns the lights on this time only to grab the robe and exit the shower back to his room. The phone haven't stopped vibrating all this time and so he took the opportunity to answer the call while pouring an amount of wine into his glass, placidly sitting on the wooden antique table while looking at the window and waiting for the other side to speak up.

“Stop wasting my time and making it long just to pick up a call.”

Silence, yet Kazuha attentively listens while drinking the wine in one go, pouring another amount to start with.

“I'll be back this night.” He sips his wine, finishing half of the amount before placing it back on the table.

“Rest assured, I may be dead or alive.” He teased, a restrained chuckle leaving his lips while his feet lands down on the floor to get dressed. He listens to Gorou's numerous attempts to scold him but always ends up in a concerning tone.