13- Wrath Within

Lucifer passes through the door, leaving a defeated and speechless Sophia on her knees in the hall. He then shuts the door and it disappears.

As he approaches the unconscious Rocky, he speaks. "Don't take this personal. I am sure to give you a better reason to hate me." He then reaches out his hand to Rocky's forehead. "Time to wake up!" Suddenly, four of the fingers, on his right hand, are severed. Lucifer looks at his hand. "Hmm.. That is new." He says curiously.

Deep within Rocky's sleeping mind, a black wolf reefed in red paces impassionately along an iron fence. Periodically, he lashes out at the fence in an attempt to break it.

A grey wolf stands further behind watching silently. After a while, he cautiously approaches. "You are not getting out until your host awakens. That being said, we are firmly uncooperative."

The black wolf turns quickly and lashes out at the grey wolf, but the grey wolf quickly pins him underfoot.

"You need to work on your 'pleases' and 'thank yous'." The grey wolf groans.

The black wolf strains to look up. "I am wrath, destroyer..."

"I know full well who, or rather what, you are." The grey wolf interrupts. "However, around here we run on a hierarchy system. If you want out, you must become the next alpha."

Wrath yanks back, freeing himself, and stares angrily. "Show me who I must crush!!" He barks.

"Politeness would get you much further.." The grey wolf says as he rolls his eyes and motions him to follow.

As they walk through an endless void of white, a group of spectral wolves begin slowly surrounding and walking with them. A blue and red wolf growl and snap at Wrath. Wrath turns to lash out but catches the grey wolf's eye as he glares back angrily.

"If you lay a hand on them, I will sever your head from your neck!!" He growls.

The other wolves stop as if surprised by the grey wolf's anger.

Wrath turns up his nose and continues to follow. After some time of walking and more of Rocky's pack joining the escort, they reach Rocky. 

He sits on a throne made of a live tree and glares at Wrath as he approaches. "So you are the intruder who dared to enter my mind and seeks to claim my body!" He growls. "Give me one good reason why we should not tear you apart right here and now!!" He says as his aura transforms around him, forming a bi-pedaled wolf of gold.

Wrath clenches his teeth as he watches the pack slowly close in on him. He then steps forward. "Without me, you are trapped in a world of endless hell!! If I am not allowed to fulfill my role..."

"Fulfill your role with someone else!!" Rocky interrupts with a roar. "I will not be your pawn!!"

The pack moves even closer readying to leap upon Wrath with a simple order.

"NO! No pawns, a partnership, a collaboration!" Wrath exclaims nervously.

The grey wolf slowly steps forward. "Master, the world can not end unless all the sins awaken."

"What makes you think I want the world to end?!!" Rocky growls as he glares at Wrath with glowing red eyes. "I have a wife and daughter here, not to mention many valuable friends! If anything, you owe me for robbing me of precious time with them!!" He says, leaping off his throne and landing inches from Wrath.

Wrath lashes out but is quickly knocked down and pinned by a foot to his throat. He struggles to look up. "I can't.. take another host.. unless you die!!"

"Then I shall lock you away!!" Rocky growls back and turns to the white wolf. "Consume him!" He orders.

Before the grey wolf can object, the white wolf leaps upon Wrath and begins to consume him with ravenous speed. Just before Wrath is completely consumed, he smiles evilly.